Nail deyhdrator

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I have never really used nail dehydrator even though I do have it. Am I correct in saying I would use this for clients who have a tendacy to lifiting? and would I still follow through with primer afterwards?

thanx

It would depend on whether your system requires primer.

I would say the nail dehydrator is essential but the primer would be optional depending on your system.

I use Ez bond which is a dehydrator and I also use primer with Ezflow.
hth

OPI has a dehydrator called BondAide

Hi Geeks, I have never really used nail dehydrator even though I do have it. Am I correct in saying I would use this for clients who have a tendacy to lifiting? and would I still follow through with primer afterwards?

thanx
hay chuck.... me personally i never use primer ... i just use scrub fresh by creative i find that works better for me ... xx emily xx

thanx

I'd say it depends on if your system requires primer........

i would say nail dehydrator is essential it also leaves behind butt kicking pathogens :green:

like the others have said primer depends on the system your using

i would say nail dehydrator is essential it also leaves behind butt kicking pathogens :green:

like the others have said primer depends on the system your using

thanx everyone. Ok, my system does use primer, so am I correct in saying prep nail, apply the deyhydrator and then the primer? then continue as normal?

does the deyhdrator provide better bonding - sorry I am dumb when it comes to dehydrator! please help!

can I use this with calgel or bio gel aswell?

thanx

A dehydrator is used to...... dehydrate the nail plate... remove oils from the nail plate... so that the product you are about to apply has the best chance of adhering to the nail plate.

And an excert from Schoons book
"Dehydrators
Nail dehydrators (Prep) are extremely important. Moisture can interfere with the adhesive bond which leads to delamination or lifting. To ensure proper adhesion, always scrub the nail plate, dry thoroughly and dehydrate. Skipping one step will lead to delamination and may also contribute to infections. Some preparation products contain pathogen fighters that remain on the nail plate to aid in the prevention of nail infections. The effects of dehydration are apparent for up to 30 minutes before the natural moisture levels are restored by the body."

this is true for the better nail plate cleansers/dehydrators - but not all.

A dehydrator is used to...... dehydrate the nail plate... remove oils from the nail plate... so that the product you are about to apply has the best chance of adhering to the nail plate.

And an excert from Schoons book
"Dehydrators
Nail dehydrators (Prep) are extremely important. Moisture can interfere with the adhesive bond which leads to delamination or lifting. To ensure proper adhesion, always scrub the nail plate, dry thoroughly and dehydrate. Skipping one step will lead to delamination and may also contribute to infections. Some preparation products contain pathogen fighters that remain on the nail plate to aid in the prevention of nail infections. The effects of dehydration are apparent for up to 30 minutes before the natural moisture levels are restored by the body."
Dehydrators should be the last thing that touches the nail plate b4 and after primer i was always told because it leaves behind butt kicking pathogens as Debbie said ... lol ... but im sure you will find a way that suits you this is just my own comfortzone thw way i was tought .. xxx emily xx

thank you everyone

Dehydrators should be the last thing that touches the nail plate b4 and after primer i was always told because it leaves behind butt kicking pathogens as Debbie said ... lol ... but im sure you will find a way that suits you this is just my own comfortzone thw way i was tought .. xxx emily xx

i think you are meaning pathogen fighters, pathogens are the germs we are trying to eliminate.

Latest posts

Back