Nail Disease

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Please help!! a client has asked if i would give her a manicure as she is paranoid about her hands. However the client is currently on tablets prescribed by her GP and has been for some time due to a nail disease.

Should i go ahead with a simple manicure consisting of the massage or refer her to her GP to give the ok before going ahead?????

Kellyc said:
Please help!! a client has asked if i would give her a manicure as she is paranoid about her hands. However the client is currently on tablets prescribed by her GP and has been for some time due to a nail disease.

Should i go ahead with a simple manicure consisting of the massage or refer her to her GP to give the ok before going ahead?????

I am assuming you have no medical training? OK assuming you were not a doctor before you got into nails, you could protect yourself by producing a simple letter for her doctor to sign. If the doc says it's OK to go ahead then it is just up to your judgement.

You should have been given a sample letter on your basic nail training course.

If you then decide to go ahead, ensure you have an understanding of the consideration for her condition. If you have any doubt do not go ahead.

I would suggest keeping a separate set of files for this client, which you could charge her for. You will already be performing a sanitation/disinfection procedure which will prevent any cross infection worries. It is worth remembering that not all clients are so honest about what they do and don't have, and not all conditions prevent a service being performed.

Thanks Ella, i do have a sample letter for a doctor and was thinking of getting her to take one to her GP. Just didnt know whether performing a simple manicure would affect her nails at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back