Nail disorders!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deni

Dinky Geek
Reaction score
Hi...
A woman came to see me for a tan and assured me she din't have any contra indications so i proceeded to tan her....when i was tanning her i noticed her very dry elbows and asked her again re; psorisis (i have this skin condition and so therefore know what it can look like)...she said she has never been told she has it...ok... so she signed the disclaimer and i continued with the tan..
Afterwards she asked me about nail enhancements and said she would like some...i quickly looked at her hands and noticed on her thumbs there was what i think 'habic tic' and also psorisis pits.
She is in again tomorrow for a top-up tan and wants me to say what enhancements i can do for her.
I looked in the encylopedia book of nails for help and i found a pic of the disorder but not sure what i can do with them?
Please can anyone give me some advice on this...

hi, im at college at the mo, but i would explain about the condition of her skin advise her to go to the doctors before you carry out any treatment, dont tell her shes got something like psorrias as its not your job , you could be wrong, better safe than sorry, sorry cant spell

Having psoriasis does not contra-indicate having nail enhancements.
The pitting is not a huge issue ... the issue is that most psoriac nails are accommpanied by onycholysis but not always.
If the onycholysis is slight, then short enhancements can be applied.

Hi...
Thanks for your replies...

First of all i didnt TELL my client she has psorisis...i asked her if she had!...Eek! i would never do that i am a nail tech not a doctor!!!!!

Also i understand that psorisis is not an contra-indication for wearing enhancements but i am mostly worried about the habic tic on both thumb nails ...it is just like in the book, with a hooked nail too...
Really dont know what to do here...
Should i get her to ask her doctor with a letter for him to sign before i put enhancements on? or get her to sign a disclaimer and proceed if she wants me to?

Deni said:
Hi...
Thanks for your replies...

First of all i didnt TELL my client she has psorisis...i asked her if she had!...Eek! i would never do that i am a nail tech not a doctor!!!!!

Also i understand that psorisis is not an contra-indication for wearing enhancements but i am mostly worried about the habic tic on both thumb nails ...it is just like in the book, with a hooked nail too...
Really dont know what to do here...
Should i get her to ask her doctor with a letter for him to sign before i put enhancements on? or get her to sign a disclaimer and proceed if she wants me to?[/QUOTE

Habit tic is not a contraindication either. If you would feel better getting a doctor's permission then do by all means, but I personally do not think this is necessary as nothing you are gong to do will endanger her health or put her at risk.

I would certainly note the condition of her nails on her CRC and get her to sign that she gives you permission to proceed with the service and that she acknowledges that she might not be as sucessful as other wearers who have normal nails and will not hold you responsible if she is not.

Hi...

Habit tic is not a contraindication either. If you would feel better getting a doctor's permission then do by all means, but I personally do not think this is necessary as nothing you are gong to do will endanger her health or put her at risk.

I would certainly note the condition of her nails on her CRC and get her to sign that she gives you permission to proceed with the service and that she acknowledges that she might not be as sucessful as other wearers who have normal nails and will not hold you responsible if she is not.[/QUOTE]

Ok...
Thanks for your help geeg i was panicking for a while there as this is the first time i have come across this kind of nail and just wanted to make sure from an expert what to do...thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back