Nail Enamel dryers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickednails

Reaction score
As I do pamper parties for kids I was thinking of getting a nail dryer to speed up the process. With the best will in the world the most little girls cannot sit still long enough for the nails to dry naturally. :eek:

Can anyone advise me if it is worth getting one and if so where I might get one from.

I do have a couple bottles of creative speed spray but thought a dryer may be even better.

Thanks for any help.:)

With very young girls, I avoid using a base coat and try to use colours that give good coverage in one coat rather than 2.

Most (depending on age obviously) can't sit that long and have even a harder time taking care of their hands after they've sat.

I've tried the sprays and the fan and cuticle oil. They work up to a point, but the polish doesn't dry all the way through. As far as I've been able to tell, they only speed up the surface drying and not all that's underneath:rolleyes: (base, 2 x colour, topcoat AND MAYBE art too...)
Little girls are little girls and have ants in their pants and will likely smudge.

What DID work (and don't laugh too hard) was something I tried at the princess party that I did for my neice.
It was a hot humid day and a Princess/Pool party.
I was doing their nails outside.
One after another, they went in the pool after their nails were done.
(fyi, it was COLD!)

Not a single one had a smudged nail.

So, pop some ice cubes into a bowl, add water and ask "Miss Princess" to "chill out" for a min or two. Whatever gets the job done, aye?
No, it's not the most professional, but I've spent a fortune trying the other ways and nothing works better so far. Why fix it if it isn't broken?

hth's:hug:

OOPS forgot to mention: you can get nail enamel dryers via Nailiteinc.com and I'm sure at some other distributors near you. Most have them in one shape or another.

So, pop some ice cubes into a bowl, add water and ask "Miss Princess" to "chill out" for a min or two. Whatever gets the job done, aye?
No, it's not the most professional, but I've spent a fortune trying the other ways and nothing works better so far. Why fix it if it isn't broken?quote]

I had totally forgotten about this! My sister and I used to put our hands in a sink of cold water after we had painted our nails. I think it's a great idea, don't think I'll be suggesting it to my clients, but little ones... GREAT IDEA! :)

Yep, I can remember my mum doing this with her freshly painted nails when I was a kid, I used to think she was bonkers lol! But she never smudged! (As you say, ZoZo, not one for the clients lol)
But I'll defo be doing this at kids parties, good reminder Victoria

Latest posts

Back