Nail Enhancements/extensions for Men?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisajane

Reaction score
Are there nail extensions for men?

I mean, Say a bloke had short, stubby nails and wanted extensions but without seeing a vibrant SMILE line... or without there being a glossy top coat....

Is this possible?

How would it be done?

LJ xx

I have done a few mens nails

I did sculpt...natural colour for the free edge...clear on the nail bed and no buffing (l&P)...topgloss (Gel)...leaves a nice smooth semi matt finish.

was it obvious he was wearing extensions? Do u have any pics?

thnx for the reply.. Not had a bash at sculpting yet, was wondering if i could use tips with it??

LJ x

I've also done sculpted nails on a couple of men. One guys wanted to stop biting his nails and said he was embarassed for having such awful hands. He was a teacher and didn't want his students to notice. Today he has stopped biting and his students never knew. I used like angie, natural on the tip and clear in zone 2 and 3.

The second guy was a builder and wanted the nails for the same reason.

xxxx

was it obvious he was wearing extensions? Do u have any pics?

thnx for the reply.. Not had a bash at sculpting yet, was wondering if i could use tips with it??

LJ x

no not at all...and sorry no pics.

you can use tips and cut them really short and then file down even shorter...round off those corners.

the men i have done don't want nails as such...just nicer nail beds with a slither of free edge. x

Funnily enough, although not quite men yet (well not to me anyway) my 14yr old twins want me to do theirs but were worried about them being super shiny so glad to see I could just leave out the buffing. They unfortunately have inherited my paper thin natural nails and hate the way they bend. Not decided yet if I will do them though :)

It might be a stupid question but if you did mens nails would you be aiming for the same look, ie nice sidewalls and the spot on smile line? Obviously you'd file the sidewalls but take my twins, their sidewalls aren't straight, their nails are wider at the free edge, another family trait from my side but where I try to straighten the look of mine would you do that with men or aim for their natural nail shape?

no not at all...and sorry no pics.

you can use tips and cut them really short and then file down even shorter...round off those corners.

the men i have done don't want nails as such...just nicer nail beds with a slither of free edge. x

I have never used tips on a man, but only sculpted. I actually always use the normal Creative Perfect Pink for the whole thing and it looks really natural. I use no glosser for the finishing but just a block buffer which leaves a nice matte finish. The result is a very natural look and does just what Angie says, gives a nicer even smooth nail bed and very little free edge ... that free edge will come in time naturally.

Latest posts

Back