Nail extensions for a guy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

London_guy

Reaction score
Hi

I hope you don't mind me posting here - I'm not a nail tech/professional but would really appreciate your advice.

I live in London and until recently, I used to go to a nail tech who would do gel nail extensions nails for me. Unfortunately (for me), she moved away, thus could no longer do my nails. Do any of you know of any places (or mobile techs) within London (pref zones 1 or 2) who are quite happy to accept males among their clientele? I have tried gumtree, but unfortunately not had any positive responses so far. And I don't feel strong/comfortable enough to just walk into a salon and ask them outright (scaredy-cat that I am!!!!).

Any advice or help you can give me would be great!

Many thanks
Steve

I'd be happy to do your nails! Unfortunately I just live a bit too far away..:wink2:
Hope you find a good salon near you!
And -just a thought- if you don't find anyone through this site, could you ask a female friend to ring around salons for you?

hi steve

just wanted to say, the site can be quiet over the weekend, especially on sun , so dont dispair if you dont get reply tonight, there are plenty of london techs on here, im sure someone will be able to help you hun

hths xxxxx

Hi

I hope you don't mind me posting here - I'm not a nail tech/professional but would really appreciate your advice.

I live in London and until recently, I used to go to a nail tech who would do gel nail extensions nails for me. Unfortunately (for me), she moved away, thus could no longer do my nails. Do any of you know of any places (or mobile techs) within London (pref zones 1 or 2) who are quite happy to accept males among their clientele? I have tried gumtree, but unfortunately not had any positive responses so far. And I don't feel strong/comfortable enough to just walk into a salon and ask them outright (scaredy-cat that I am!!!!).

Any advice or help you can give me would be great!

Many thanks
Steve

Hi, the salon down the road from me has a rather flamboyant male client and honestly no-one bats an eyelid, you'll be fine I think you should just walk in and ask or at least call the ones in the yellow pages X

Thanks you sooo much for your replies. I really appreciate it! I'll send a message to ruth - thanks valenciannails for the link.

xx

Thanks you sooo much for your replies. I really appreciate it! I'll send a message to ruth - thanks valenciannails for the link.

xx
You're very welcome... If Ruth isn't in your area I'm sure she'll know of a nail tech who is.

Thanks (once again). I've emailed Ruth, so fingers crossed!!!

Steve
x

Hi Steve,

Can't see why you wouldn't be able to get a new nail tech, its just a bit daunting isn't it. I am a guy and I always have L&P on my nails, short nails mind but still, I like the way they look. I have done L&P on men before for their wedding day believe it or not.

I'm sure you will have a new tech very soon (if not already).

Stephen.

i think you will find that a lot of the more experienced techs have had male clients at some time or another, with a variety of different reasons for wanting them. to us one hand is as good as the next, we dont mind if its male or female, in fact as the majority of are clients are female, we relish the change.
dont feel intimidated, we'll treat you with the same respect as our lady clients.
i hope you find someone soon.

Male nail biters....... I'd take them over females any day because believe it or not the men look after their enhancements better than the women do!

Hi Guys
WOW, I would love to do mens nail enhancements. I have only ever done male manicure/pedicure.
Would love to see them done if you post a pic.
The link nailsinlondon are fab techs..good luck with them.

How long have you been having this treatment for?
what kind of work do you do?
how do you like your nails to look?
what gave you the idea of having your nails done in the first place?

sorry for going on..i understand if you don't want to answere these questions.

Good luck and keep in touch with us geeks

jenx

Hi Guys
WOW, I would love to do mens nail enhancements. I have only ever done male manicure/pedicure.
Would love to see them done if you post a pic.
The link nailsinlondon are fab techs..good luck with them.

How long have you been having this treatment for?
what kind of work do you do?
how do you like your nails to look?
what gave you the idea of having your nails done in the first place?

sorry for going on..i understand if you don't want to answere these questions.

Good luck and keep in touch with us geeks

jenx

Hi Jen

The first time I had my nails done was about 18 months ago. To be honest, she didn't do a very good job, so I was a little disappointed with them - to be fair to her however, she wasn't best pleased either and gave me a £10 discount (they only cost £15 therefore). Before this, and also since, I've used the false nails you buy in superdrug and boots. For a guy, I'm quite lucky in that my nails are not too wide. Anyway, I found through gumtree a nail tech who was really happy to do my nails, and she would do a really good job, so naturally I was really happy with her. She is the girl however who has recently moved away - hence why I created this thread here.

I work in an office, so no manual work for me :green:. Luckily, I work for a really small firm, so I can get away with having nail extensions in a working environment (I also work from home quite a lot, which makes it even easier). As for the look, I really like the french manicure, so this is what I usually go for - not quite adventurous enough for nail art lol. As for what gave me the idea to have my nails done, well it is a look that I really like, and I would always feel envious of girls who had really nice nails, so I figured, why not? I know its not exactly considered the norm (understatement), but at the end of the day, they're my nails and if I like it then why not. Although it does receive some funny looks (and to a large extent justifiably (or should that rather be understandably) so), it doesn't harm anyone and makes me happy!!!

I have thought about taking a nail course and becoming a professional. The only thing that has held me back however is I'm not quite sure how successful/popular a guy would be in this field.

Anyway, thanks for your questions, and I hope I haven't rambled on too long and bored you all!!!!

Steve
x

I think you would be quite surprised at how successful and popular a guy could be in this field of work,
i would employ a male tech without any any concerns as i am sure a lot of us would,
we have lots of top nail techs that are male and we have quite a few of them on here so don't let the fact that your a bloke put you off and i am not saying you are but if you are gay don't let that put you off either

I think you would be quite surprised at how successful and popular a guy could be in this field of work,
i would employ a male tech without any any concerns as i am sure a lot of us would,
we have lots of top nail techs that are male and we have quite a few of them on here so don't let the fact that your a bloke put you off and i am not saying you are but if you are gay don't let that put you off either

That's really good to know. Thanks. I must admit, my own "insecurity" is what has probably stopped me from pursuing this avenue further. I suppose me harping on about "insecurities" might sound a little odd coming from a guy who has his nails done, but hopefully you'll understand what I mean! Anyway, thanks for replying - it means a lot

(PS, being gay won't put me off!!!! :lol:)

Steve
x

That's good to hear, hope you do go into the training, it sounds like you will really enjoy doing nails, do let us all know your decision and how you get on,
and do some research if you are going to train then you don't get ripped off hun :hug:

Thanks for the tip louise. I'll definitely let you know how I get on :hug:

Hi Jen

The first time I had my nails done was about 18 months ago. To be honest, she didn't do a very good job, so I was a little disappointed with them - to be fair to her however, she wasn't best pleased either and gave me a £10 discount (they only cost £15 therefore). Before this, and also since, I've used the false nails you buy in superdrug and boots. For a guy, I'm quite lucky in that my nails are not too wide. Anyway, I found through gumtree a nail tech who was really happy to do my nails, and she would do a really good job, so naturally I was really happy with her. She is the girl however who has recently moved away - hence why I created this thread here.

I work in an office, so no manual work for me :green:. Luckily, I work for a really small firm, so I can get away with having nail extensions in a working environment (I also work from home quite a lot, which makes it even easier). As for the look, I really like the french manicure, so this is what I usually go for - not quite adventurous enough for nail art lol. As for what gave me the idea to have my nails done, well it is a look that I really like, and I would always feel envious of girls who had really nice nails, so I figured, why not? I know its not exactly considered the norm (understatement), but at the end of the day, they're my nails and if I like it then why not. Although it does receive some funny looks (and to a large extent justifiably (or should that rather be understandably) so), it doesn't harm anyone and makes me happy!!!

I have thought about taking a nail course and becoming a professional. The only thing that has held me back however is I'm not quite sure how successful/popular a guy would be in this field. :hug:There are quite a few guys on here who are excellent nail techs Nailzoo being one of them, he is also a state champion.

Anyway, thanks for your questions, and I hope I haven't rambled on too long and bored you all!!!!

Steve
x

Bless ya hun, Go for it I wish more men (my hubby included) would take better care of their nails.
I have 3 male clients although they only have manicures, I have done an enhancement on one of them before though when he broke a nail.
HTH
Jen

Hi Steve,
Men and beauty, how long did it take us girls to get you guys to treat yourself to some pampering.
This is something that's very close to my heart, i'm going to be working very close with a new male grooming salon opening up soon in B'ham City Centre, I have to say i'm really looking forward to it.

A big WELCOME from me:hug:

Thanks for your email, you see i'm rather nosey.

Did you get in touch with Naiilsinlondon? I tell you what Steve if they agree to do your nails, your are in safe hands.

This industry needs more men in my opinion, get youself on a training course.

Keep us posted and good luck Steve

Jenx
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

Thanks for the tip louise. I'll definitely let you know how I get on :hug:

If you live in London Steve get yourself along to Excel and have a look at how many Amazing MALE nail techs are there Demo'ing nails.

Names such as Sam Sweet (Creative) Garey Hall ( Calgel) Anthony Buckley (Ezflow) The guys at Young Nails is it Greg? Trang Nugyan (I so hope that is correct)

What I am trying to say is that all the major companies have AMAZING male techs there

And in Good old Aus we have the AMAZING Nailzoo.

So that should give you food for thought:hug:

Latest posts

Back