Nail extensions lift/won't last! Please help, feel like a rubbish beautician!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just been reading through this post and I was in exactly the same situation as you 3 years ago. I did a day course for acrylics which was no way enough training, needless to say I went away with hardly any knowledge, I used ASP products and quite literally my clients nails were 'rubbish'. I stopped as it knocked my confidence but last year I re trained with NSI and absolutely love their products. I am alot more confident now as I know I have been trained the correct way and most of my clients nails last a good 2/3 weeks however I always get the odd client whose nails lift or don't last and it does knock your confidence but I know I am doing the correct procedure and it is more likely to be the clients nails opposed to the way I do them for example a client called back today with lifting after only having the acrylic enhancements on Monday but her nails were very badly bitten (little more than stumps) and she bites the skin surrounding them constantly therefore I know that the way her nails are means the enhancements are not going to last her as long. It is also about 'practice' just keep practicing and eventually you will be perfect. My trainer with NSI told me it would take a good 4/5 years until you would be perfect as being a nail technician really is a skill that takes time to perfect!

(sorry about my long essay lol) xx

I am new as well. I used to use en Vogue, and currently switched to CND Brisa and loving the CND the company is great, any issues they are there to help you out!. I decided that I needed to take the time to invest in myself and a good product line to get the results I was seeking.

It was a bit much to switch one line of product to the other but what a tremendous difference in how you feel about yourself, your work and of course most of all a SATISFIED customer base whom will indeed return.

Best of luck to you!

Reactions: Bo
thank you for your reply. i know my taining was crap,but i love my job,and it is about practice.but now its about products.so would you recommend gelish hard gel for enhancements? can i ask whats the best way of applying it...ph bond..foundation...then hard gel...then seala?
thank you for reply...as im getting very bisy in my busniess and nneeed to know and test out before i get even more bisy.
thanks for helping me!

and thats a good way of putting it... i though seening as a bottle of gelish was £24 its like...lets say.....Marks and Spenser lol and i do like gelish.

Hi girls,
Long story short (if i can haha) I have been a beauty therapist and nail tech for almost 3 years now, i run my own business within a hair salon, and im currently feeling pretty low with my confidence when it comes to me as a nail technician!
At college i feel they didnt give us the best training they could with our nail extensions, was almost a rushed unit to be honest, i offer Gel and acrylic nail extensions for £22.50, infills £16. I use ASP products for both of these, and i have no idea why but some clients i have for nails, txt me or come back with missing tips, or lifting literally days after they were applied, and then i have some who are fantastic and last for up to 3 weeks and literally need infilling due to regrowth.
this is becoming a big problem for me, as i feel im having a few clients that are not returning to me simply beacause they wont last!!

I always push their cuticles back, i hand file all over their natural nail before application, i use a dehydrator and primer, and buff over tips to take shine away before applying product.
With my gel, i try many differnt things, such as the figure of 8 with my brush whilst applying gel, circluar motion, (these have been tips nail techs have given me before) I cure each nail separetly to avoid gel from dripping and some are fantastic weeks after and then some i have are returning 3 days later with gel lifting round edges, or chipped off the tip!

and with my acrylic... i tried all differnt beads, wet ones, semi wet, dryer ones, none seem to make huge difference. I really dont kmow where to turn anymore, its embarressing i dont get what im doing wrong, its confusing as some of my loyal clients return every 2-3 weeks and nails are fab, do u think my choice of products wont help? are they too cheap or not good?
please suggest some tips on products u use and the mthods u feel i miss out on or do wrong! Sorry for such an essay!! Just with xmas coming i have so many booked in and need sort this!! xxx:rolleyes:

Hi girls,
Long story short (if i can haha) I have been a beauty therapist and nail tech for almost 3 years now, i run my own business within a hair salon, and im currently feeling pretty low with my confidence when it comes to me as a nail technician!
At college i feel they didnt give us the best training they could with our nail extensions, was almost a rushed unit to be honest, i offer Gel and acrylic nail extensions for £22.50, infills £16. I use ASP products for both of these, and i have no idea why but some clients i have for nails, txt me or come back with missing tips, or lifting literally days after they were applied, and then i have some who are fantastic and last for up to 3 weeks and literally need infilling due to regrowth.
this is becoming a big problem for me, as i feel im having a few clients that are not returning to me simply beacause they wont last!!

I always push their cuticles back, i hand file all over their natural nail before application, i use a dehydrator and primer, and buff over tips to take shine away before applying product.
With my gel, i try many differnt things, such as the figure of 8 with my brush whilst applying gel, circluar motion, (these have been tips nail techs have given me before) I cure each nail separetly to avoid gel from dripping and some are fantastic weeks after and then some i have are returning 3 days later with gel lifting round edges, or chipped off the tip!

and with my acrylic... i tried all differnt beads, wet ones, semi wet, dryer ones, none seem to make huge difference. I really dont kmow where to turn anymore, its embarressing i dont get what im doing wrong, its confusing as some of my loyal clients return every 2-3 weeks and nails are fab, do u think my choice of products wont help? are they too cheap or not good?
please suggest some tips on products u use and the mthods u feel i miss out on or do wrong! Sorry for such an essay!! Just with xmas coming i have so many booked in and need sort this!! xxx:rolleyes:

Hi Nat,

I’m reading your post and I know it was ages ago but I’m feeling a lot like you were at the moment and I’m wondering how things panned out for you?

I have been qualified for a year and do some lovely sets of acrylics but don’t get repeat clients, it’s soul destroying! I’ve actually booked a couple of hours with a trainer next month to go through my basic application and show me where I’m going wrong.

I love being a nail tech but I just want to be good at it, I take loads of pride like you but people thinking I do a crap job makes me feel sick.

Im hoping you over came your problems and get give some reassurance I guess!

OP hasn’t re-visited the site since 2014. Why don’t you create a new thread and ask for advice from current members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back