nail file help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi All, Happy New Year.

As some of you know, I have a major problem with nail files, I cant feel the grits. Now, tomorrow I am supposed to be helping someone with nails, and their kit just arrived ( gel nails ) there is a 120/240, 80/80 and a 3 way shiner. Am I correct in saying I should take the 80/80 out and rather put a softer grit file in? what grit do you recomend? The 120/240 is that ok for blending tips to natural nail and shortning length? ( sorry, I know my files, but now trying to help someone whos files look completly dif to my ones ) thank you

80 grit is way too harsh! I use a 180 grit and a 240 grit for filing the enhancement layer and blending my tips, and a 240 grit for removing shine from the natural plate.

xx

80 grit is way too harsh! I use a 180 grit and a 240 grit for filing the enhancement layer and blending my tips, and a 240 grit for removing shine from the natural plate.

xx

I agree. I have never used an 80. I use a 100/180 blizzard board for a rebalance and a 240 blue spongeboard on the natural nail.

Last edited:
thank you. Will definately take out the 80/80 and put something less coarses in.

Latest posts

Back