Nail fixing and repairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to do a course in repairing nails r adding tips etc?

I only do natural nails and have no real desire to learn to do extensions but would like to learn how to repair. I have lots of ladies for Shellac and if theyve broken one Im usually pretty stumped.

Thankyou

Wow! Sorry for the typos at the top! Damn phone!

Last edited:
yup, fiberglass or silk would be the best to learn...you can repair with whatever method of manicure you do :)

Can you do a course to learn this though ladies or would you have to learn everything there is to know about enhancements etc?

I had a nail tech come in, she was on hol, and asked if I could glue her nail. I couldnt as I didnt know how or have the right glue, what glue would this be?

Thankyou for your replies.

where I am you can take a 2 day weekend course (as long as you have a manicure certificate) to learn how to do silk repairs...but I'm not sure if there is a course like that where you are.

You can temporarily fix a crack or snag in a nail with nail glue but it doesn't last long and will need to be done a few times until the damage grows out. I prefer the brush on nail glue for this since it's easier to control where and how much glue you put on. This is how I do it if I were only going to glue. Prep nails, remove all oils, brush on glue where needed, let dry completely (takes a couple of minutes, usually by the time your done with the other hand it's ok), then buff to smooth, and carry on with the rest of your manicure. Hope that made sense.

Thats really helpful thankyou :)

Latest posts

Back