Nail foil confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I recently brought a nail foil set with foil gel... On the bottle it says apply a thin layer to nail cure for 10-15 seconds apply foil... I follow the instructions but for the life of me can't get it to work, I've tried curing for 30 seconds, 40, 50 and even a minute... But no matter how long I cure for doesn't work, I can get some bits to stick but not the whole nail, sometimes it seems the foil gel hasn't cured and is still wet, I'm normally quite a quick learner but even the company video doesn't help, can anyone suggest anything?

The brand is claw culture

Thanks in advance

Foils can be a bit of a hit or a miss. Try wiping the back of the foil with IPA beforehand. I’ve tried a couple of the foil gels but prefer the glue

I'm getting good transfer with the new Lecente foil gel which you cure for 2 mins.

Some lamps can over cure and then it won't work.

I recently brought a nail foil set with foil gel... On the bottle it says apply a thin layer to nail cure for 10-15 seconds apply foil... I follow the instructions but for the life of me can't get it to work, I've tried curing for 30 seconds, 40, 50 and even a minute... But no matter how long I cure for doesn't work, I can get some bits to stick but not the whole nail, sometimes it seems the foil gel hasn't cured and is still wet, I'm normally quite a quick learner but even the company video doesn't help, can anyone suggest anything?

The brand is claw culture

Thanks in advance
Hi during lockdown i cid lots of videos for Claw Culture and did one with their foil gel And foils. Wipe the back of the foil with nail prep cleanser, apply a generous layer of foil gel and cure for 1 minute ( not the 10-15 secs, as suggested). X

I'm getting into foils for my press on nails but I am having the same issue as some girls here, has anyone used the TNS foil gel?. I've wiped alcohol on the back of the foil, Applied a thin layer, wiped the tackiness off the actual nail after the gel has cured. I find letting the gel adhesive cool down after its cured for 30secs to get it abit more tacky helps. I find not rubbing hard and pulling off the foil quickly works but still doesn't get the whole nail covered. It's so hit and miss...I've ordered a Makartt glue. Has anyone used it?

I'm no expert, only just getting into foils myself. I use CND Shellac and so far has worked fine without any foil gel although I do use glue if using normal nail polish, Have you tried without foil gel?

I've used Naio Nails foil gel and wipe the back of the foil with gel residue wipe off solution. I use my finger and a rubber hoof and rub until it releases on its own xx

Latest posts

Back