Nail foils come away from the edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beccy2209

Reaction score
Hi, I've been using nail foils and attaching them on to gel polish using the edge nail adhesive, waiting until it's completely dry and then applying the foil. I have no problem when I randomly dot bits of foil on the nail, however if I'm covering the majority of the nail after a few days it starts to come away from the edge of the nail. I've attached a picture explaining however it is much worse on my clients than on my own nail in the picture. I've had a few clients have the foil come off more than half of the nail. It's not just the foil that comes away it's the top coat as well it's almost as if someone has chiselled a bit of the nail off. I always double top coat and cap at the edge. I was advised to apply bonder to the edge of the nail after applying the foils so the top coat can stick, to lightly file the edge of the nail before top coat and also to leave a small gap between the foil and the edge of the nail but I'm still having problems! Sorry for the long message. Please can someone help [emoji852]!!
Screenshot_20190108-113135_Instagram.jpeg

After applying your colour & foils try base coat, curing & then topcoat. That’s the only way I can stop foils from wearing away on the free edge x

Thank you so much! Will try that out tomorrow xxx

Latest posts

Back