nail fresh or acid free primer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy'n'creative

Crazy Geekette
Reaction score
which of these would be best for one of my clients that has really oily cuticles every system i have used on her lifts so badly she is back within 5 days

:?

I would recommend Nail Fresh. Acid Free Primer wont remove anything (i.e. oil)... it just coats the nails with an adhesion promoter. You need something to dehydrate... Nail Fresh is it :)

do i still scrub fresh first or just use the nail fresh

:D

Nail Fresh followed by ScrubFresh if you are using both.

thanks alot for the quick reply geeg

:D

I thought you might be working today and would want to know early!!
I check the board first thing each day - before I have my breakfast !! - just in case there's anything urgent. Glad it helped.

You were so right my client was in this afternoon many thanks geeg.

did you get my message i sent you back the other day about fabric# white?

geeg

just rechecking with you is it nail fresh first then scrubfresh ?

Yes!
NailFresh then Scrubfresh.
Take care that the nails are thoroughly dry before application. If they are damp (even with scrubfresh) it will cause lifting. If you are using both then they may need a little longer to dry.

Thought I would post the reason as to why we recommend this order.

Scrubfresh is designed to leave a layer of pathogen fighting agents behind on the nail plate to fight bacterial infections after product is applied.

Using NailFresh after Scrubfresh can end up removing those little pathogen beater uppers :blackeye: . If you dont like pathogen bullies and dont want them left behind... NailFresh aftwerward... its up to you... I kind of like em myself.

You can also use Nailfresh several times in one go. Just aviod getting it on existing product, tips, or adhesive.

Think of it as a pre-treater for ScrubFresh.

Tooodalooohoooo

So what happens if you have one particular nail that just refuses to toe the line, in this case it happens to be the middle finger on the right hand. Client is right handed. The rest of the nails are generally fine, possibly a small amount of lifting but bearable.

This particular client has been with me for about 18 months and virtually without fail this nail will lift from one side only (her left) until she is left with a perfectwhole nail, which happens to not be on her finger :shock:

I prep and prep and prep and then use Retention + and Nail Fresh but this particular little blighter just won't stay stuck.

Adele

She is definitely DOING something with that nail - using it for some purpose - that she is not doing with the others!!

I had a client who had the SAME thing but on her thumb. She swore she did nothing different with this thumb. One night in the salon she asked if she could have a cigarette (we are a no smoking salon) ... well it was late, it was only us, so I said yes. Well she gets out this Zippo lighter (the ones that never light first time) and she's flicking away at it with her thumb, and presto - we knew whart was causing the lifting.
She was a heavy smoker and flicking that lighter a zillion times a day and the pressure was lifting the nail enhancement.

She is doing something! Either shorten that one nail (it is the nail that grows the fastest too) a bit more than the others or ask her to observe what she does with it that coud be causing the probelm. Hmmm I wonder what it will be!

I have tended to keep it slightly shorter than the others, but one thing about this nail is that it's deep sided particularly on the left side and it is also slightly ski jumped. Could either or maybe a combination of these be the problem?

It's a right pain in the b*m :rolleyes:

Adele

... an uneven nail plate ALWAYS poses problems but still usually when it is having some kind of pressure on it.

An uneven plate takes pressure unevenly and can definitely be a cause of lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back