Nail fresh, Scrub, Primer,..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janosch1974

Reaction score
Hello,

again some stupid questions from a beginner, :D

1) I have Nail fresh, is it right, that I use Scrub fresh first, than Nail fresh and then scrub again? And at last the primer??

2) I`ve read that Nail fresh is Acetone with some ether. Could I not use only acetone?? What does the ether make it so special??

3) What is the difference between using 99% or 70% alcohol for cleaning the nail and scrub fresh?? I think a lot of people use isopropanol or something like that to clean the nail plate...it must have the same effect than scrub fresh..(?) a doktor uses alcohol to clean, etc. it has to work,..or???

Thanks

Diana

Hi,

If you use creative Retention+ then it is a primerless liquid and would not need primer to help it to adhere to the nail plate acid-free primer was introduced to help out in extreme cases and not meant to be used all the time.

In a normal application with no lift problems then there is no need to use scrub fresh and nailfresh together you only need one or the other.

I would stick to creative products for prep as they all work together to get the best results possible for the end result.

Hope this helps
lisa

Janosch1974 said:
Hello,
1) I have Nail fresh, is it right, that I use Scrub fresh first, than Nail fresh and then scrub again? And at last the primer??

The reason we suggest using SF then NF then SF is because SF leaves pathogen fighting agents after application. If you use NF afterward, you take those babies clean off.
However, since NF has a brush, it can get contaminated if you use it before cleansing the surface of the plate. So yes, IMO SF, NF, then SF is the optimum was of doing it.

If you were to use a primer, you would use it after the SF,NF,SF dance. THough saying that... it should be only a rare occasion where you would ever need it. If you find you need it on several people... check the rest of your prep first.

Janosch1974 said:
2) I`ve read that Nail fresh is Acetone with some ether. Could I not use only acetone?? What does the ether make it so special??

Well, you could... but I can tell you that it wouldn't be the same as using NF. Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you what the Ether brings to the deal... so I wont give you a guess. But using just acetone may actually leave a lot of contaminants behind. The grade of ingedients used in pro products are unavailable to you or I (unless we want to buy it in the tons). THerefore the acetone you use will contain many impurities (even though it says 100% acetone... it hasn't been refined to the same extent).

3) What is the difference between using 99% or 70% alcohol for cleaning the nail and scrub fresh?? I think a lot of people use isopropanol or something like that to clean the nail plate...it must have the same effect than scrub fresh..(?) a doktor uses alcohol to clean, etc. it has to work,..or???

SF is a far cry from Alcohol and will run rings around a prep job done with alcohol. In fact, come to think of it... almost any pro prep product will. Alcohol is only pence cheaper per application. I would never try to cut corners with something that could result in me spending time removing lifting ;)

Hope this helps

My advice is ... Stick to your system and stop trying to play chemist. :)

The system has been designed to work together .. if it wasn't the best method for Retention+ then we wouldn't recommend using it !! Normally only a good prep and SF is necessary.

as you said, NailFresh contains Ether and what it brings to the product is rapid evaporation which draws out moisture from the nail plate making it lovely and dry which promotes adhesion. It is part of the old prep system where we scrubbed the nail first with a 'soap' for want of a better word ... then the client washed it off and then we used Nail Fresh to draw the moisture from the water out. There is no need to do this now except for extreme cases, as has been mentioned. Don't overdo it.

If you are finding you need to go to all this trouble for every client, then your prep is not thorough enough in the first instance.

Thank you all!!
Ok, no more thinking about cheap acetone and alcohol, hihih,...
I´ll stay with Scrubfresh.....

one little question,... :D
If i do an infill, and I´m ready with filing(is it the right word???) and I´ve taken the dust away,..than I scrub only the area that has grown out?? Or do you wipe with scrubfresh over the whole old application to clean it?? Does Scrub crack the application? Guess I´ve read somewhere that it could crack tips...

Diana

Hiya - you can use scrubfresh over the whole enhancement, it will not cause cracking. However, you are right in saying that it would cause cracking on tips without product.

Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back