"Nail Geek Widowers"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Satchell

Reaction score
Is it just me? or does anyone else spend every waking moment on here?? I honestly do spend 90% of my spare time on this site; I rush my housework in the morning so I can go on here - I sit up late when im knackered to go on, and my poor hubby just sits and watches TV...He probably curses the day I found this site!!:lol: life's a bitch ain't it!!

Me too.

The Nail Geek site has been a blessing in my case as my husband loves to go to sleep every night in fornt of the television and I used to sit there like a lump. Now as soon as the old eyelids droop I'm off upstairs to my office to log on!! And I don't get an annoyed with him for being so boring as to go to sleep every night. Then he wonders why he doesn't sleep a full night in bed? Duh?

i totally agree sara - in fact at the mo i'm supposed to be watching a film with my boyf, but have 'escaped' to catch the latest updates!

Got a feeling he'll come looking for me in a min - he hates it!!!

whoops - here he comes! x

me to
this site is a saving grace
when hubby is working away and its raining outside and the boys are wrecking my house, by re-ennacting spiderman. i am on here it keeps me calm, keeps the boys happy because i am not costantly shouting "WILL YOU PACKET IN".
and when hubby is home watching the discovery channel or snoring on the couch it stops me wanting to hold his nose while stuffing a duster in his gob.
its the first thing i do after dropping the boys off at school before my chors and my work, and its the last thing i do before i go to bed.....
i have wondered why i love this site so much, and apart from obviously the nail side...........i am a nosey cow and frightened of missing something
:green:

joanna - but i know what you've been doing between corrie and heartbeat.... :Kissing: :hug: :!: hope you enjoyed!

he has been away scince tuesday but he is back thursday..........so hey ho eastenders/the bill :wink2:

Yep me too. After I drop the kids at school, I have to check out the business of the day LOL. Then in the evening between clients, I have to log on.

It must be a man thing as my hubby falls asleep in front of the TV too and he snores.

When my PC is not working I get twitches and real withdrawal symptoms. When I was on holiday, I used to sit drumming my fingers on the table and when asked what I was doing, I'd say, oh just imagining I am surfing the Geek site LOL.

Well my hubby spends so much time on his pc, I thought I would do the same. So now we both spend most of our spare time on our pc's :cool:
I love the site, the people, the posts.....Thanks Sam for giving me hours of enjoyment by creating such a wonderful site.

naturalnails said:
Yep me too. After I drop the kids at school, I have to check out the business of the day LOL. Then in the evening between clients, I have to log on.

It must be a man thing as my hubby falls asleep in front of the TV too and he snores.

When my PC is not working I get twitches and real withdrawal symptoms. When I was on holiday, I used to sit drumming my fingers on the table and when asked what I was doing, I'd say, oh just imagining I am surfing the Geek site LOL.
After I drop my kids off at daycare, I come back home and log on here until it's time for me to go to work. As soon as I get home from work, I quickly fix dinner, and get on here, and stay on for most of the evening. Even when I log off, I'm back again in 15 minutes! I love getting the e-mail notices when someone has replied to a thread that I've subscribed too, or sent a PM. I too get withdrawal symptoms, and cranky when my pc is acting up. And when I go out of town, I'm secretly agonizing about all the posts I haven't seen yet! I think my husband too curses the day I found this site, because I spend 85% of my spare time on this site.

My life before the Geek site was spend doing a lot of test and trial nails in the evening........Trying out new looks and perfecting little tweaks and so on......Never get a chance to do any of my own stuff in the Salon, always to busy..........
My hubby is a Chauffeur and I was a Chauffeurs widow.............. He works about 70 hours+ a week, so I was the one left to my own devices in the evenings..........
Then hey GMG must have thought there must be a lonely Nail Technician out there somewhere lol...............So I must say this Website fits in nicely with our lifestyle, exept when he is off work and I am still on here, bless him.......He never complains, because he knows how important this site is for me, he calls it my other job lol........
So my routine is........checking emails and so on, before work.........off to work......get in about 8ish in the evening and then geek till the small hours lol........
I just love it xxxxxx

Ive found this site a fantastic source of information, its really helped me overcome a few problems i was having,with some very sound advice and the tutorials are fab thanks geeg,ive made a few friends on here also its great to chat to like minded people,i dont know what i would do without it now.

keep it coming,tracey.

:)I feel the same way too, I now have a part-time job keeping up with the messages I leave my computer running so that I can hear when i get a response to a thread I have participated in :hug: :biggrin: :Love: :)

I can only ditto what everyone else has said ... This site is fab!
First thing in the morning (when not dashing off to salon) cup of tea and log on .. I love all the threads and its great to see someone else post a thread about an issue I was pondering .. such like mindedness :)
All you fantastic technicians have helped me improve so much and given me the determination to improve even more and be the best damn nail tech that I can :) Thankyou xx
On the subject of nail widowers though ... oh yes .. I think my partner and son rue the day I found you lol My son says "mum is that all you look at on the pc? .. nails??" good job I am not checking all that he looks at lol
They gonna love it when I have made it though :)
You guys are the best :)

Jo xx

I have learnt so much from this website, and it is a saving grace when I would otherwise have gone NUTS with nothing to do in the office job!!!!

well i,m not a widower to my husband , but to my little man alfred (dog), when ever i have spare time i,m on here , he just sleeps at the side of me , and glares like why you not playing with me, bless ,
i love this site , i have learn so much , everyone is so friendly ,
thanks all x

Hi

yes yes yes. Agree with everyone. Just got back from centre parcs and i am straight on! It was sooo temping to log on while i was there but i resisted!

I love this site to, my hubby keeps trying to talk to me about "apple i-pods" and l'm thinking "get what u want just be quiet and let me read these threads!!! Hes broke his ankle so hes home all the time at the mo, (driving me mad) he was in hospital for 2 weeks and that was bliss! don't mean to sound mean, but don't blokes get on your wick sometimes!! Angie xx

Not got a nail widower, but when we moved house last November I vowed we wouldn't have broadband again cos my 15 year old daughter was on there ALL the time, an atom bomb could have gone off and she wouldn't have noticed! Well I succumbed a while back as I missed internet banking....... and then I found this site!!! Now my daughters never get a look in on the web, unless I'm out!!!! Hmmm, what was that loud bang, and there's a strange mushroom cloud in the sky!!

Thanks Sam for inventing this site, I have learnt tons, given some advice when I can and made some lovely friends into the bargain.

ditto ditto ditto...this site is like a second family!!! I've learnt sooo much, received so much support and its great to have a direct contact to some of the industry 'greats'...it's fab just to feel 'part of it'....long live The Nail Geek!!!
x

i reckon this site is the best thing since sliced bread, i have learned alot also. the geeks are so friendly and helpful, nothing is ever too much trouble and everyone is willing to "share"

its just brill

Latest posts

Back