Nail glitter and gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
Ive recently started using and fallen in love with Nail Graphix glitters. Ive been sculpting my nails , building up the apex, leaving a ledge for my smile line then and mixing small amount of gel with the glitter and butting it up to my smile ledge. This has been working fine no problems, but its fussy and im faffing around mixing up the glitter, which in turn is taking me more time.
So instead of doing this, ive thought of sculpting a full length nail (rather than creating the smile ledge) buffing, applying a thin layer of clear gel to my tip and applying the glitter onto the gel, curing then ......... could i just apply my top gloss straight onto this or would you recommend a layer of clear gel, then top gloss? I thought doing it this way also gives clients the option to change the glitter to another colour etc during their rebalance. sorry its a little long winded, just after any advice! xx

hiya ..you would definitely need to cap the glitter in clear first, otherwise you feel the glitter through the top gloss. I sculpt out in clear...then apply a thin layer of clear to the free edge...i then dab using a separate brush the glitter where i want it...cure...cap with clear...cure...wipe, buff to shape, dust and wipe, then top gloss.

Your right it does make it easier when rebalancing...you just file down to the clear sculpt you did in the first place...removing the glitter only. x HTH x

hiya ..you would definitely need to cap the glitter in clear first, otherwise you feel the glitter through the top gloss. I sculpt out in clear...then apply a thin layer of clear to the free edge...i then dab using a separate brush the glitter where i want it...cure...cap with clear...cure...wipe, buff to shape, dust and wipe, then top gloss.

Your right it does make it easier when rebalancing...you just file down to the clear sculpt you did in the first place...removing the glitter only. x HTH x

Thanks hun. Thats what i was after, whether or not the glitter would be rough without an extra coat of clear. Doing it this way i would imagine you could get the glitter nice and dense or would that effect the cure of the layer of gel its on? xx

i have never had any problems with the cure/gel doing it this way...xx

tis is the same way I do my l&p and gelput down a layer art, glitter etc. 2nd coat of clear gel file and shape then top gloss.

Or I file off the whole free edge and just sculpt a new free edge they way it is all the way through. It never takes me much time to mix my base with an additive.

Take a look at the tuts on Gina's website she is an amazing tech www.GelEssentialz.com

That e-file makes things so much quicker and easier! Ive sculped this way before by mixing the glitter and putting it onto the tip like that. But i find it a little time consuming filing it all off during an rebalance if they fancy a change with the glitter. Be interesting to see how others prefer to do it x

Latest posts

Back