Nail glue as quick fix to seal sores?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahrose1994

Reaction score
I keep getting sores fingers from chemicals used in the salon (acetone monomer...) there really sore I am just wondering if I can use nail glue to quickly seal them so I can perform massage and other treatments without making them bigger or risking my self to infection

A nail tech I used to work with did this all the time when she caught her self with files and chemicals again

I don't want to do it if it's bad for me

Advice please

Thanks xx

It doesn't seem one of the best ideas but I'm no doctor! But putting chemicals into open skin isn't likely to be very good for you. Prevent yourself from getting the sores in the first place by wearing gloves. If your catching yourself with files you can get sticky bandage tape to prevent this xx

I wouldn't personally. It might be worth a trip to the pharmacy to see if they have any "skin glue", I'm told there is such a thing altho haven't used it.

And in future cover your hands with gloves when using things you react to, mine started like this and this is how bad they can get, take about a month to heal. People will be sick of seeing that photo lol but there have been a few threads on this subject lately. But it all started with itchiness and being a bit sore.

My fingers have recovered and I wear disposable gloves when using acetone. You might want to look at why you're getting monomer on your fingers tho, is it how you hold the brush or something? That shouldn't happen really :) x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463675147.413542.jpg

Does that spray on? I had the savlon one which was pretty useless, much too thin. Maybe this is more of a seal?

Does that spray on? I had the savlon one which was pretty useless, much too thin. Maybe this is more of a seal?

You dab it on and its like a thin latex coating. It does stop stuff getting into a cut and if you have one of those annoying paper cuts that wont stop bleeding its almost an instant fix.

Latest posts

Back