Nail infection?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have a client who has an infection on one nail and is insisting that I cover up the nail. She believes that the acrylic will help the nail to grow properly. What do you guys think?

WHATTTT....???!!!!!!

That is crazy. NO NO NO NO NO...!!!!!

Firstly, cross infection.

Secondly, are you saying she wants you to cover the nail, with acrylic while being infected?

Well it's just the nail now having problems to grow back and the finger looks ugly. I'm trying to upload a pic but it's running into error. Too large

Whether her finger looks ugly or not, if she was my client, she would be refused treatment.

Due to cross infection.

I would never put myself at risk or use my tools and equipment on a client who possess's an infection, then putting my other clients at risk, of again CROSS INFECTION...!!!!

Just apologise and say no, its really not worth it hun x

Thank u. I already said no to her. But besides for the cross infection it seems to me that her nail needs to breathe in order to get better. But you know some people just don't like hearing "No"

When you say infection, do you mean a bacterial infection (pseudomonas) or "greenie"?

Or something else?

Expanding on Blossoms answer . Without a picture its almost impossible to say . You may be calling it an infection and it could be not . Resize the pic so its smaller then if we can see that we will have a clearer idea of what exactly it is you are talking about

As Blosson and perfect10 have said, exactly what type of infection? How has it affected the nail plate?

This is what the nail looks like. It's not painful nor does it ooze any liquids

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    641.3 KB · Views: 234

Nope! I wouldn't be touching that, I'm with you. Nothing on that until it's cleared up and no evidence of infection. Stand firm against her, you are the professional, protect both you and your reputation.

Oooo no! Don't go anywhere near that finger until it is completely healed and back to normal.

Has she seen a doctor about it? If she's hasn't, insist she does!! It's definitely suspicious looking, almost fungal (I'm not a doctor so don't take my word :) ) do not put anything on this nail until she's had an all clear!

I can't see that on my phone, won't open.

Yeah I agree looks fungal with the slightly odd colour. I've had to say no before to someone 2 days before Christmas. It was hard and she was gutted. I thought I might have lost a client but I have been back to do her toes and her situation with her nails which tbh was borderline nothing like this ladies worsened and she had to go to doc's she understands why I said no now xxx

Thanks all. The discoloration is from the nail being hollow. It's not growing back properly and is lifted off the nail bed

Has she damaged that nail at all?

No, it started itching her, she has used 3 different types of drops on it but the nail isn't growing back normal. The itching stopped and it does not hurt or anything.

woooaaaaahhh just gone on different laptop and been able to view the photo

i wouldnt touch that

even when it looks a bit better i'd insist on a doctor's note to say it would be ok to work on.

Latest posts

Back