Nail lacquer and enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.M

Reaction score
Hi there
I'm a newbie on these forum. I just wanted to ask if anyone has tried to put nail polish on, then acrylic on top of it? I've got so many normal nail polish and only few soaked of gel polish. I just wanted to maximise the use of my normal polish. I tried Chroma Gel Advanced but I'm not keen on using them once I finished on it. Any suggestion?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.

I have used polish on tips then acrylic overlay, I wouldn't say it is the best technique bit it will work. You have to be careful the polish is so extremely thin, and that it doesn't cap the free edge. I know that sounds weird, but if you cap the edge of the tip the overlay might lift. I know some of those pre glittered tips can have the same effect. The acrylic lifts off the edge of the tip n you can get dirt in there, so be careful.
I do it on myself, but I like to add the polish to the monomer too, and the new megamix product will make your regular polishes into gels.

You can put normal polish on top of acrylic but not underneath , be sure to use base coat or it might stain too, then when you want to remove it you will have to use acetone free nail varnish remover, if you want the colour to last as long as the acrylic then you will have to just use coloured acrylic or a uv polish on top of the acrylics.
hope this helps x

Thanks for the reply guys. I normally use OPI GelColor then OPI Absolute on top as this is what Ive seen in one of their video tutorial.

Thanks for the reply guys. I normally use OPI GelColor then OPI Absolute on top as this is what Ive seen in one of their video tutorial.

I absolutely do not believe that any representative of OPI would make such a video, as when I trained with them it was laughable that they would suggest to "sandwich" products.
Stick to systems as they are meant to be used, get some proper training with a reputable company and all these questions will have been answered.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes that's true. If you go to pro.opi.com and look for education video tutorial of OPI GelColor, the artist put foil on top of acrylic on the upper part of the nail. Then on the tip part he put on OPI GelColor and glitter and a chain as a design and finished the whole in clear acrylic. The chain looks odd but it is lovely for nails who love adventure. :)

--------------------------------------------------
Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back