Nail lamp wanted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tisjen

Reaction score
hi to everyone
I'm looking for a new acrylic curing lamp. I'd like it to cure quickly but not to pricey.
Thanking you all

Acrylic doesn't cure in a lamp

hi to everyone
I'm looking for a new acrylic curing lamp. I'd like it to cure quickly but not to pricey.
Thanking you all

hi
Do you mean a gel curing lamp or are you curing odour free monomer?
Do you have any qualifications? x

UV monomer exists that does allow acrylic to be cured in a UV lamp. But very few know about this and I can't immediately think of another brand that sell it. It can be useful for 3D nail art as it gives you as much time as you want to sculpt. But is not something I would recommend for general salon use.

Perhaps the original poster believed that she was receiving gel nails, when in reality they were acrylic? Or the question contained a typo.

Acrylic doesn't need to be cured. For the other gels, such as UV gel, led gel, builder gel and so on, maybe you can choose UV LED nail lamp, which can be cured all gels well and fast. And the price is not high!

UV monomer exists that does allow acrylic to be cured in a UV lamp. But very few know about this and I can't immediately think of another brand that sell it. It can be useful for 3D nail art as it gives you as much time as you want to sculpt. But is not something I would recommend for general salon use.

Perhaps the original poster believed that she was receiving gel nails, when in reality they were acrylic? Or the question contained a typo.

If Bob says it's true then it's true so off I toddle to educate myself by googling.

The only UV curing monomer I could find are in unmarked bottles, apparently work with any powder and are cured in any lamp o_O

Makes me cringe and my stomach turn at the thought of the allergic reactions and issues just waiting to happen from these products. Openly available to the general public too. There's more than enough issues around with incomplete curing and misuse of gel and gel polish which are already perfectly mixed fromva chemical perspective, the thought of mix ratio issues with uv cured L&p is mind boggling.

If Bob says it's true then it's true so off I toddle to educate myself by googling.

The only UV curing monomer I could find are in unmarked bottles, apparently work with any powder and are cured in any lamp o_O

Makes me cringe and my stomach turn at the thought of the allergic reactions and issues just waiting to happen from these products. Openly available to the general public too. There's more than enough issues around with incomplete curing and misuse of gel and gel polish which are already perfectly mixed fromva chemical perspective, the thought of mix ratio issues with uv cured L&p is mind boggling.
Glitterbels odour free monomer needs curing in a lamp

Glitterbels odour free monomer needs curing in a lamp

Is it a new product?

Eta - I went hunting on their site, I only found one odourless monomer which is out of stock and the latest reviews are 2 years old. I wonder if it's unavailable now.

I'm really curious but I'm not finding much information such as lamp compatibility, etc.

Last edited:
Is it a new product?

Eta - I went hunting on their site, I only found one odourless monomer which is out of stock and the latest reviews are 2 years old. I wonder if it's unavailable now.

I'm really curious but I'm not finding much information such as lamp compatibility, etc.
It’s not new but quite a lot of their products are frequently out of stock.
They have a Facebook page which may have more information for you. They also sell their own lamp for use with the odourless monomer as well as their gel polish range.

Please remember that each gel product line has a dedicated lamp. Each product has a specific formula of photosensitive chemicals. Each product lamp is designed to be compatible with the gel formula. If your line does not have a dedicated lamp and just says to cure using ‘blah, blah’, you will never be assured of the correct results.

Even if your application has hardened to touch and you ‘feel’ it is cured, there is a chance it is not completely cured OR the reverse can be true, overcured, leading to product breakdown.

You can usually tell by the amount of inhibition layer. If the residue is excessive then it is not properly cured.

Just my way of doing business.

Latest posts

Back