Nail lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoey92

Reaction score
I'm more hair side of things than nails so please dont jump down my neck for not knowing.
I've had no Gel on these for 3weeks due to not having time and having a little girl 5weeks ago.

Nail started lifting about a week ago, but now I'm worried it's quite a bit of the nail.
Any advice/recommendations on what to do greatly appreciated
Zoey x
20200727_231300.jpeg
20200727_231313.jpeg

Difficult to see from pics and I'd usually check back of nail, look at shape along nail from top, etc but looks like may be a fungal issue from what I can see?

It's onycholisis, it looks to me like the nail has been over thinned causing seperation from the nail bed. The bright red/pink line down the middle, with the scratches on the surface looks like thining and over buffing. The discolouration is just staining, etc. Nothing you can do but allow it to grow out. Keep it super short, lots of Solar oil to promote growth. No digging out under it, etc. as you'll make it worse.

It if goes brown, or starts smelling funky then it might be fungal, but fungal on fingers is fairly unusual, they get too much exposure to light and air unlike toes that are prone to it.

Latest posts

Back