Nail Mart

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does MMA actually stand for?

Aphrodite - MMA stands for Methyl Methacrylate. If you click on the word MMA (it is highlighted in blue) it will give you more info about it.

Great optomistic outlook Ella...

Just as an update...

I ordered some monomer from them on Friday which was supposed to be here on Monday.
No sign of it.
Either they thought better of sending the geek some monomer (or as more likely) some sort of screw up has taken place.
If anyone has some monomer from them... I will have Doug test it if they can send it to me. Lets get the record straight!

PS... to get an avatar (profile picture) check out the FAQ here http://www.samuelsweet.com/board/faq.php#10

toodles

One thing Ella forgot to mention in her excellent post was the cost of patenting the product.

For example Retention+ is patented technology. This means that the formula is protected and can not be copied. People can colour their monomer purple but it is nowhere near the same. Creative by the way was the first company to have a colour enhanced monomer ... then lots copied, but colour is just colour, the formula is protected by a wide margin and that costs 'pennies' too.

You do get what you pay for by and large.

The Nail Geek wrote:
If anyone has some monomer from them... I will have Doug test it if they can send it to me. Lets get the record straight!

Ok Hun, I got a sample.................it's on it's way...........
Will be with you when you get back from Dublin (hick)

Yes you get what you pay for: But when I buy monomer for nails, thats what I expect to buy,not monomer to produce nice pearly whites... DENTURES........
MMA is a Dental Acrylic............... So it's a great product............for teeth lol...................
MMA is a safe product.......if it's used in the correct industry....... plexi glass, dental industry...but not for nails !!!!!!!!!!
So I don't want it banned out right, I want to see it prohibeted in the use for L&P nails...........
love Ruth xxxxxxxxxx

The only thing about ellas post I wanted to mention...

In my opinion, it would be impossible to buy 8oz of EMA from a manufacturer for £8... and that gives no room for markup, shipping (mega expensive) and duty.

Have we had any luck with testing these products yet? I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the results.

I really do hope that these products do not contain MMA so that we can be assured that the hundreds and possibly thousands of people who are using it are working safely before anyone thinks that I'm looking for a negative result!!!

Not yet... They didnt send my order :(
Happily... a geekette on the site sent me a bottle she bought from them.
As I just returned from Greece, I shall pop it the post to the Lab tomorrow.

It doesnt take long to test... I will post the results as soon as I know.

Cool - thanx Sam :thumbsup:

:D Hello to everyone who read this post.

8) I am still very intereseted in the results as I'm sure so are many others.
Please don't hug the results to yourself Sam.lol
:p let us know!!!!!! :p
I eagerly await your results :D
Josephine

Well...

I sent off the Sample that Ruth sent to me to have tested in our labs (Cheers Ruth). This process could take at least another week depending on the labs current workload (and I know its a little heavy right now with some very cool and interesting stuff coming out ;) )

I got my bottles via First Class Post last week as well. They were about 2-3 weeks late though I am sure that was because the bottles leaked during delivery. I dont think Mr. Postman was very happy with highly flammable bottles of monomer leaking everywhere.
Ill send those in to be tested as well just to double check results. I will post as soon as I know anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back