Nail Party for 13yr old ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
My little sister wil be 13 soon (big age gaps in my family!) and she wants me to do a nail party for her and 4 friends. Have any of you ever done this, and what did you do. I'd like to make it really special for her.

All ideas very gratefully received.

ella said:
My little sister wil be 13 soon (big age gaps in my family!) and she wants me to do a nail party for her and 4 friends. Have any of you ever done this, and what did you do. I'd like to make it really special for her.

All ideas very gratefully received.
before i came into nails i used to be a teacher, one of my jobs was at a large craft store, where we ran workshops for kids in school hols and did craft birthday parties. i havent done a nail party but i do have a couple of ideas for ya. you could do some samples of simple nail art designs and let the girls have a go at painting some for themselves, so they could practice on each other in the future. if time permits you could help them size up a set of tips so they could decorate them and apply them with sticky tabs[available from claires accessories]then give them all a mini manicure and nail art or a set of gems.they love to learn fun stuff, teach them how to look after their nails and they could be clients of the future for you.

Hiya,
I think its nice to do a mini-manicure on each girl :)
Then some simple nail art [Pink colours go down well] and lots of sparkle.
I would then make up a small party bag for each girl to take home [Include a mini polish, File, and some small jewels to stick on nails]
Hth
Lesley x

well thanks to you both for that inspiration. Where would you go to get products for the party bags. I generally only stock high end products so I will need to find something a little less expensive.

ella said:
well thanks to you both for that inspiration. Where would you go to get products for the party bags. I generally only stock high end products so I will need to find something a little less expensive.

Hiya Ella,
I would try Claires they have loads of cheap and funky nail products :)
for the teen market.
Have Fun x

Hiya Ella,
I did some 'Bitesize' nail-art classes last year for the local council. I took my little artist board around to show peeps what a class could enable you to do.
So be careful if you show them samples of your work ... you can bet your bottom dollar they will want the complicated ones or the rhinestone encrusted ones :rolleyes:This is what happened to me anyway!
Just take your simple, done in a mo, stuff!

hi

i often do childrens parties and found it can be never ending (my first lasted four hours :rolleyes: )if your not careful :| i print out instructions on how to do a mini manicure and hand them out to them all except the birthday girl .i perform the manicure on her whilst the rest of the party get on with theirs ...i bark out instructions :lol: .i then airbrush a design onto their nails ...i did learn very early on though not to let them choose different designs as i woluld continuously have to redo their nails as they much preffered some one elses to theirs:eek: ..so now i let the birthday girl pick the design and they all have the same :biggrin: .i pick up gifts for party bags in places like superdrugs ..claires etc ...only the other day i picked up a few packs of mini nail varnishes and lip gloss (designed for kids) from lloyds chemist ...reduced from £2.99 to 29p....:suprised: i love a bargain ..it doesn't have to be expensive and not too time consuming ...i set a maximum of 12 children and never run past two hours ...price per head is £7.50...so a nice profit can be made;)
hope this helps
p.s
get some coloured tissue and wrap things up in it before putting in the bags ...looks fuller:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back