Nail pics fraud on facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anderson

Reaction score
hi i have a facebook page where i promote my services as i have only been trained in nails for a year i love learning new things so am always looking up pictures of nail art on google images and facebook to help me come up with ideas or to put new twists on things but what i have noticed is that quite a few therapists who advertise on facebook have pictures on their profiles of nails that they have not done i kn ow this as i regulary go on google images for new ideas now i dont have a problem with this as most people state that it is not there work but a few have been saying it is theres now this annoys me because the person who did the nails should get the recogntion also i personaaly like my clients to see the nails iv done so they know whether the like them. sorry for the long post nut i would just like to know has any one else come across this problem ?

I really wouldn't worry as clients are not soft they will soon realise that what they see is not what they get. There are many fraudsters out there, I choose to ignore them unless they interfere with my business directly.

Don't worry about it xxx

This is why I always tell people to watermark all their images in such a way that it can not be cropped out!

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but how do you water mark?.
I no how you feel but honestly clients will see straight through it!! I had someone on gumtree post and copy my add onto there's just added more to the end to make it their add but the idiot left my business name on the add so I was able to report them. Lol

to watermark you can either do it through a program like photoshop. If you haven't got that there are some online companies that will do it for you, for a fee of course!

thanx everyone good to know im not the only one bothered by it that watermark idea is good il have to gice it a go x

thanx everyone good to know im not the only one bothered by it that watermark idea is good il have to gice it a go x

Yes I had this done to me and a photo even ended on a magazine...a salon advertising with nails I did.. I couldn't believe it. I learnt the lesson after that and how!!!

Now I just have a simple design program where I can add text in photos, and I put my name on, centrally on the nails so it can't be taken off haha. :)

Yes I had this done to me and a photo even ended on a magazine...a salon advertising with nails I did.. I couldn't believe it. I learnt the lesson after that and how!!!

Now I just have a simple design program where I can add text in photos, and I put my name on, centrally on the nails so it can't be taken off haha. :)
omg the cheek of people lol

Posted via Mobile Device

If it's your pic you can ask FB to remove it (they will) but if it's not yours I wouldn't let it worry you - it's not your problem x
Posted via Mobile Device

Piknik is a good photo editor, you can resizr the photos as well, sometimes needed to upload here, and add your text to watermark your photo's...and its free for all the basic editing bits hth x

Had a quick look at that site... it reminds me of the one I knocked out a couple of years ago as a proof of concept, Salon Alchemy Watermark - except (for text watermarks) mine has the added advantage of being able to choose font, font size and opacity... even though it's just a mickey mouse Java application calling a command line Linux graphics utility LOL...

Latest posts

Back