Nail Piercing and dangles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherryblossom

Reaction score
Hi there,just wondered if any one can tell me the correct way to pierce an enhanced gel nail? do i do this before i apply gel or after (finished result) . alot of my clients have asked for these in which i have never done, ive just bought loads of nail dangles, and one of those piercing tools but dont know where to start, surely if i make a hole first then apply gel the gel will close the hole and if i make the hole after it will crack the gel, any suggestions will be great. thanks x

I always drill the hole after the enhnacments have been finished, except for polish. I flip their hand over palm side up(so I am drilling from the underneath of nail)and rest on something spongy, place the hand drill where I want the hole and gently turn until it has broken through to the other side. I will always place in the ring finger of the NON dominate hand., and always somewhere along the sidewall, not on the end. HTH

Hi,
I was taught only to make the hole if theres an overlay on the nail ,if you do it on the natural nail theres a chance it may split,and your spossed to go from underneath the nail.

Hi,
I was taught only to make the hole if theres an overlay on the nail ,if you do it on the natural nail theres a chance it may split,and your spossed to go from underneath the nail.

Yep that is correct Debbie.

Just to add to the original post you couldn't pierce the nail anyway before the overlay was applied because the hole would get covered up with product:)

HI, I have a little hole in my nail, where I put a dangle through last week, you make the whole after you have finished your nail. I dont wear it all the time, because it will catch on things, just good for abit of nail bling, when your not doing too much with your hands, except showing them off.

Just make sure to place the whole in the correct place, as if you put it too far into the middle of the nail, the clasp wont reach it.

Bling Bling Bling

Hope this helps

sam3.jpg

PS: go slowly and apply a gentle but firm pressure. If you push too hard, you'll crack the enhancement.

Hi ,
Id also advise to put it on the hand they dont use so much ie:if their right handed put it on the left hand,so they avoid catching it so much.

Thers nothing i can add to this as all the above have said it,but what beautyandme said is a good one as i did this lol,so make sure the "o" ring will reach xx

I always drill the hole after the enhnacments have been finished, except for polish. I flip their hand over palm side up(so I am drilling from the underneath of nail)and rest on something spongy, place the hand drill where I want the hole and gently turn until it has broken through to the other side.
and always somewhere along the sidewall, not on the end. HTH

I do mine the same as this .xx

Although going against the rules and have also pierced the tip before the overlay.
I just found that it then took less pressure when I came to pierce throught the overlay alone . it worked well for me
I have also pierced a tip before applying to the nail ...
I will think about it and then try any way and see what I find works well for the situation at the time .

We were told in college it would be ok to peirce a natural nail..I have never done it yet though,

I have put a nail dangle into a natural nail, it was a few years ago - the lady had very long strong nails and she wanted it for her holidays. I saw her 3 weeks later and she was still wearing it!!! (I used a closed ball with a small hanging diamante so no catchy bits IYKWIM)

Julie xx

Does anyone know where to purchase a bag of '0 rings' Ive got loads of danglies without them, been lying in a drawer for years.

Art's and Craft's stores will have them, in the section for making jewellery. BUT they're not real gold or silver. (I even found some at the dollar store, a bag of 50 for 1$:!:)

For great prices on O-rings, in real gold or silver; try Papi (aka Anna) of Rhinestone's And Crafts on ebay. She's awesome and great service.
Hope this helps

:hug:

Done exactly as you guys have said, and done 3 clients with them who might i say absolutly love them, so made another profit in my sales thanks everyone.:)

I love nail jewelery ! I have a little dangle that looks like a little tiny engagement ring .....although at the moment I've mis placed it :rolleyes:....but when I find it again.....bet your bottom it will be on my nail!

I prefer the ones with the little bolts on the back....they don't snag...there not easily lost....and they look fab !

When drilling the hole I also turn the nail upside down.....place on a soft /firm surface and twist until I break through the enhancement.......and always place it somewhere near the side wall......never on the end "in case " it breaks.....

Latest posts

Back