Nail piercing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberly28627

Reaction score
Hi, how much should I charge for nail piercing? There is nowhere where I live that does it so I dont have anything to compare to. Thanks :)

Blimey, used to do them about 15 years ago. Used to charge £1.50 + a couple of quid for dangle/ring.

Yes I remember my mum having it done! It's coming bk! I thought £3.50 , that would be for a dangle and £1.50 if they just want a plain ring?

Yes I remember my mum having it done! It's coming bk! I thought £3.50 , that would be for a dangle and £1.50 if they just want a plain ring?

Sounds good to me, with hind sight I'd go on the cheaper side, its a trend that will die out pretty quick and you'll be left with unsold dangles. Nail breakages were pretty comon too which is part of the reason it died off I think. Go too close to the free edge the nail will crack take most of the free edge with it. The dangles catching in hair and clothes was another issue, maje your money quick ;)

Hi,
I am a Podiatrist and I have never heard of 'nail piercing' - can someone explain what it is?

Thanks

Hi,
I am a Podiatrist and I have never heard of 'nail piercing' - can someone explain what it is?

Thanks

A hole is created in a nail extension, and a nail charm is then passed through it.

Hi, how much should I charge for nail piercing? There is nowhere where I live that does it so I dont have anything to compare to. Thanks :)
Hi Kimberly. I love nail piercings, charms, etc!!!I have been doing them forever (25 yrs)!!! My customers love them and feel like it is like ear piercing and body piercings. They like to mix and match with the times, clothing, special occasions.

It is not a fad....People pierce everything today!!! (Jacobs Ladder) It is up to you to keep things fresh!!! Change up the selection of charms. Talk it up, post customer nails with charms on Facebook and other social media. Do you have a social media bar in your salon?? Where customers can post their beautiful nails right to your FB or Instagram page before they leave your salon. Do you have a Wall of Fame??? This is where you hang photographs of customers nails on the salon wall. (All customers!!)

Customers love being acknowledged...every customer is a STAR! "EVERY" Customer should have a pic of their nails on the wall!!! (Even the most basic manicure) Make everyone feel Special!!

I am very thankful for my customers...I am very happy that they come in on a regular basis for their nail appts and refer customers. This is the core of my business. I do not try to squeeze every penny from my customers...

I only charge for the jewelry, not for the piercing. Prices are based on the quality of the jewelry. If the jewelry is 14K gold with real diamonds, polished secured gold overlay, 14K gold rings or fake gold rings...all have different prices.

Example: 14K gold "O" ring US$8.00 Pierced 14K nail charm with real diamond US$50.00 Fake gold polished secured charm US$5.00
If customer arrives with their own "O" ring the price to pierce is US$5.00 If customer arrives with their own charm, price to pierce is $5.00

Yes, appt after appt I have to deal with charm issues. Like when the nail needs to be shortened....I need to take out charm, shorten nail and then drill new hole and insert charm....$5.00 per hole. Don't worry, educate your customers , no complaints if they know pricing before hand.

If no other salons are doing nail charms....you should be able to chrush it!!!

I need to clarify.... I only charge additional fee when I need to remove charm, and drill a new hole (maintenance). For a new purchase of a charm from me , drilling and applying charm is free.

Remember, a customer doesn't need an entire set of artificial nails for a charm.....if they have a natural nails, their natural nails may be good for a charm. Or you can apply acrylic, etc on the nail with the charm.

Sounds good to me, with hind sight I'd go on the cheaper side, its a trend that will die out pretty quick and you'll be left with unsold dangles. Nail breakages were pretty comon too which is part of the reason it died off I think. Go too close to the free edge the nail will crack take most of the free edge with it. The dangles catching in hair and clothes was another issue, maje your money quick ;)

Hi there! Nail breakage is not a concern unless the hole is super close to the edge. Next time, move over a bit. (lesson learned) Yes, dangles may catch in hair and clothing......not a big concern...it's the cost of beauty~~~Always advise your customers of the possible issues of their services. Maybe advise your client to cover the nail with a band aid when shampooing their hair...it's not a big deal !!! I highly doubt people with their tongues and noses pierced worry about eating or blowing their noses...it just part of the pierced life!!!

Nail charms/dangles/design is not a fad! When ordering, make sure to order what you think you can sell. Don't order 25pcs of expensive charms for your first order. Ask your customers what they would like, show them the ordering brochures, etc. Order a few, then see what the customer demand is and grow from there.

I am opposed to anyone that suggests to make your money quick...I am in business for the long haul ...fad or no fad...customers first!!!

Thanks for your reply! I love nail charms! I'm not charging for the piercing just for the charms. I have Instagram and fb page but love the idea of a wall of fame!! Xxx

What qualification do you need for this is it just piecing or somit else ? Thanks

Thanks for your reply! I love nail charms! I'm not charging for the piercing just for the charms. I have Instagram and fb page but love the idea of a wall of fame!! Xxx
It's fun if you can get your customers to post to your social media from your salon... You could start something like... "Life in the nail salon"

Latest posts

Back