Nail polish brand for mobile therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucalex

Reaction score
Hi! I am going to set up a mobile beauty business soon. I have a question about nail polishes. Which one would you recommend, Ideally 5 free as I like organic product however I am worried that they might not last as long as the other brands. Also do you stick to one brand or is it Ok to mix nail polishes brand? I've heard about a new brand called Soigne Botanique, any feedback on it, or shall I stick to the usual OPI, or maybe Mavala? Thank you!

I'll be honest with you here. It's all down to personal choice. Some people love Essie, I can't get along with it. Some hate OPI, I love it. You need to decide for yourself which brand you want to carry. Try them out and see which one you find easiest to apply and has the best staying power. It's different for everyone. I think it looks better when you stick to one brand. It looks more uniform and professional. Otherwise your bottles can end up looking like they've come from a jumble sale.

Most clients don't really know about polish brands but I would stick to a professional one you can't buy at superdrug or Tesco for instance. The beauty shows are great for testing out products. Get along to one if you can.

I use CND Vinylux, takes a bit of getting used to the application but it dries super quick, good range of colours and is very reasonable. I also use CND Shellac and clients like the fact they can match their toes to fingers. It is quite durable as well, will last weeks on toes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm waiting for orley epix

Thank you! You got me interested with cnd vinylux. Does it last one week? Also how many colour did you start with, I don't really know how many varnish I should carry with me! X

Thank you! You got me interested with cnd vinylux. Does it last one week? Also how many colour did you start with, I don't really know how many varnish I should carry with me! X

I find roughly a week on fingers, weeks on toes. Most other polishes chip on me within the first day.
I started with 10 colours - Sweet Squared did a starter kit when I started but they don't seem to sell it anymore. I got french colours, couple of reds and couple of pinks and a dark colour. I would also add a purple to begin with and get a spare top coat as I use glitter with vinylux

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back