Nail polish cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rufus81

Reaction score
Hi ive attatched a picture of some french nails i done on tuesday night with white polish and as you can see on the picture small crack have appeared . Ive never had this happen before ?? Any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1435260417847.jpg
    1435260417847.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 211
Your polish may at have separated... Is the polish well used?

What brand is the white polish? Is it the same bradn you always use?

This can happen due to a few reasons-
The client has dry nails
Youve used a quick dry polish
The client has put their hands in hot water
Soaking the nails for too long prior to polush application
Polish was applied too thick
Not applying base or topcoat

No its not well used. Its cuccio. I always use base and top coat too. Maybe it has seperated...can i still use it? I use quick dry drops or spray but this has never happend with any other polish. Im thinking its the polish.

Looks as though the polish was applied too thickly which has caused the cracking. x

I have had the exact same with my cuccio top coat. Two of my clients nails have cracked this has never happened to me before neither?

Hi ive attatched a picture of some french nails i done on tuesday night with white polish and as you can see on the picture small crack have appeared . Ive never had this happen before ?? Any suggestions? Thanks

Does your polish have a lot of polish thinner in it maybe?

The one time it happened to me, it was the quick dry spray. That's when I stopped using the spray.

Did you use a gel top coat over regular polish I learned the hard way that u can't use gel top coat over polish unless its completely dry.

Latest posts

Back