Nail polish edge correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natlaw

Reaction score
Hi I've popped over from hair, I need some advice please! When I paint my nails I always get some on the skin I've tried cotton buds with polish remover and correction pens but I always end up smudging the nail. I googled correcting products and Leighton Denny correction kit came up is this any good and would I be able to use it as I'm not a professional. Any advice would be much appreciated :) as I really want to master the art of painting my nails neatly.

Honestly, I use a dry orangewood stick and it works, great. :)

I agree with the above a dry orange stick will work or wait until it dries and just wash it off your skin, trust me, that works too but wait until it is bone dry

I clean up as I go along with an old (small, fine, angled) eyeliner brush that I dip in polish remover. Works pretty well and it's fine enough to not smudge if I'm careful! :D

what I do with my niece (she can't sit still long enough to get a proper polish application) is I take an orangewood stick and dip it in a small amount of cuticle oil and run a light amount of it around the skin around her nails before I polish. Then when done you can just wipe it off as it won't stick to the skin this way. You just have to be carful not to get it on the nail or your polish won't stay put there either ;)

A nail art brush works great. If you don't have one, a firmer/stiffer small eye shadow brush will do the trick.

Dip the brush in acetone or nailfresh then tap it on a paper towel to remove any excess then gently wipe away the polish. :D

After you're done, condition the brush with cuticle oil to preserve it. It's not made for acetone/nailfresh and will quickly fall apart if you don't.

Latest posts

Back