Nail polish enriched with Calcium?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Have been reading the article in Scratch about a new polish range from Brazil.

Could someone explain how a nail enamel is enriched with calcium? This isn't meant as a sarcastic question:hug: but I am intrigued to understand this as I'm swaying more to natural nail care.

Another question on this topic...

How would this benefit the natural nail as I was led to believe the nail does not contain calcium?

BTW, this isn't an attack at you for asking the question, I am also curious because I thought scratch was a professional magazine. I can understand Sally Hansen products telling us our nails are made of calcium, but not a professional company.

Calcium is needed by the body (for calcium to be effective the body also needs Vit D) but as part of a balanced diet. One of the several areas it is needed is to help the growth and health of teeth and bones.

There is a tiny amount of calcium in nails and skin and hair but this comes from within. Calcium painted on is about as effective as showing your nails a milk bottle! I will only change my belief in this if I am shown proper scientific research

Latest posts

Back