Nail polish - essential/starter colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joflakes

Reaction score
Hi all,

Good news - I have a six hour slot in my local college doing mini-manicure and pedicures for students!

I just need to know which colour polishes are essential or popular? I obviously want to get a french set of colours....but don't know what else?

The students will be 16-18 and there will be a few staff as well.

Thanks in advance!
Jo

Hope the mani/pedi session goes well..heres some colours I think you would need:
Deep Red/Wine
Bright Red
Purple
Deep Blue
Bright & Pale Pink
White for french
Nude colours like taupe and mink colours
Silver
Black
Get some colours with shimmer in them and some full on glitter polishes.

CND have a fab polish range and they have effects which you can put on over which give a different look as well so they would definitely be worth looking at.

Hope the mani/pedi session goes well..heres some colours I think you would need:
Deep Red/Wine
Bright Red
Purple
Deep Blue
Bright & Pale Pink
White for french
Nude colours like taupe and mink colours
Silver
Black
Get some colours with shimmer in them and some full on glitter polishes.

CND have a fab polish range and they have effects which you can put on over which give a different look as well so they would definitely be worth looking at.

Thanks! I'm sure it will. It is just a bit annoying as it is on Friday so I'll have to rush out to Sally's or Capital and buy whatever brands they have (pretty much) as I have no time to order online...=(

I buy most of my nail polish at CosmoProf, I don't know if you have access to them? For 1 nail polish at Sally's I can usually get 2 at CosmoProf.

My favorite brand right now is China Glaze. They have a huge range of colors and aren't too expensive. My clients really love them. The youngest clients I've had 18-19 have almost all wanted neons from China Glaze.

So far with the young crowd my popular nail polishes:

Neons (all of them, yes, even yellow and green!)
Bright and light pink
Black
Purple
Blue
Silver
Orange
Pastel Blue (I don't know why, they just seem to love it)

You could also get a coat of sparkle in case any of them might want a bright color with sparkles on top.

Just some ideas for you :) Good luck!

Latest posts

Back