Nail polish just WILL NOT stay on this client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilypip

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a problem with one client's nails that I don't have with any other clients. Regardless of what polish I put on her or which base/top I use, nail polish does not stay perfect on her longer than a day/two at the most. I have tried dry manicure because I thought maybe as her nails dried from the soak they were shrinking causing peeling but it made no difference.

Does anyone else have this? If so, what do you do? Would a dehydrator work?

I tried searching the forums but I access them on my phone and it disagrees with the search function so sorry if it has been covered before.

L.xxx

I personally always use scrub fresh which is a dehydrator before a polish as any oil left behind on the nail plate will shorten the life of the polish!
Also are you capping the free edge?
Have a look at the tutorials there is one called precision polishing and covers the how too's
Hth's
:hug:

Another thing are you ensuring that she is following after care advice? Sometimes it is the client expecting to not have to participate in preserving the longevity of their treatment!
Also have you looked at your prep? Are you sure that everything is eliminated from the surface?

Hi Sam, thanks for your reply, I do cap the free edge and I am really hot on prep. I do everything in the tutorials but don't use scrubfresh so maybe she just has v v oily nails and I should get some scrubfresh. I will try it and see what happens!

L.xxx

Hi Sam, thanks for your reply, I do cap the free edge and I am really hot on prep. I do everything in the tutorials but don't use scrubfresh so maybe she just has v v oily nails and I should get some scrubfresh. I will try it and see what happens!

L.xxx

It's not even oil .. it's her body chemistry. some ladies just cannot wear polish at all, end of story. I have come across this several times in my 27 years in this industry. It happens. Usually they cannot keep enhancements on either. It's tough for her but that is the way it is.

Haha Geeg I love how blunt and straightforward you are. I work with this lady part time in my other job so It's tough for her but at least she'll get to look at my gorgeous nails every day! Haha :) :) :)

L.xxx

Hi, no mater who does my nails or what polish they use, it will not stay on my nails for more then 24 hours without chiping. For me it is due to the fact that my nails are very very flexable, as my nails move with daily chores (usually typing) they bend and the polish just chips, shellac lasts much longer I usually need to take it off to do facials or massage, so not quite sure how long i would get but I know I can get at least week so far.

Annie x

Hi Toni, yes I've been thinking about doing the Shellac course for a while, I'm going to look in to booking on a course in the new year as I'm moving to Essex. Nice to know it's not just her I think she was getting paranoid!
L.xxx

Latest posts

Back