Nail polish recommendation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolita

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend a good standard nail polish. I have a client who has switched to monthly manicures with nail polish. I have tried Artistic but am not a hundred percent happy with it. The brush (especially in the top coat) is a bit too ‘fluffy’ to get a neat application. Thank you

Hi, can anyone recommend a good standard nail polish. I have a client who has switched to monthly manicures with nail polish. I have tried Artistic but am not a hundred percent happy with it. The brush (especially in the top coat) is a bit too ‘fluffy’ to get a neat application. Thank you

CND Vinylux gets my vote. Lovely application, no base coat required.

Another vote for vinylux. No base coat required and stays on well. On toes it is still on perfectly 8 weeks later (except for the growth showing of course!)
Make sure you use the vinylux top coat with it though to get the best shiny end result.

Another vote for vinylux. No base coat required and stays on well. On toes it is still on perfectly 8 weeks later (except for the growth showing of course!)
Make sure you use the vinylux top coat with it though to get the best shiny end result.
No base coat? Do you just go straight in with colour after prep? Thank you for responding

No base coat? Do you just go straight in with colour after prep? Thank you for responding

That is correct, there is no base coat with the Vinylux system but as @CFBS has said above, you will need to use the Vinylux top coat after application of the two colour coats.

That is correct, there is no base coat with the Vinylux system but as @CFBS has said above, you will need to use the Vinylux top coat after application of the two colour coats.
Great, thank you 😊

Surprisingly, DND. Goes on well and stays on better than my more expensive brands. Super affordable and comes in a gel/laquer duo for like, $6 from Skylark beauty supply.

Surprisingly, DND. Goes on well and stays on better than my more expensive brands. Super affordable and comes in a gel/laquer duo for like, $6 from Skylark beauty supply.
Thank you x

Can you get Zoya in the UK? They have an oval brush similar to Vinylux. Makes the cuticle area so even.

I LOVE it!! I also agree that it stays on way better than my other more expensive brands. I couldn't believe how good it was when I first got it. I definitely had my doubts, but was in a position that I needed an entire line of product, but didn't have the funds, until I found DND. I actually had the intention of gradually switching over to a "better" brand, but now I'm not sure that I will. The pigment is amazing!

Latest posts

Back