Nail Polish Under gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
Hi

Wondered if any gel users out there had applied gel over polish sucessfully. I polished a nail two days ago .... applied acid free primer, basic one step gel and then finish gel and believe it or not - it's still totally sealed - with a massive shine!! Couldn't get it off if I tried (obviously it would buff off .. lol!). Really suprised as it goes against anything I've ever learned about gels not adhering to shiny surface etc. (bit of a bummer after I've just invested in coloured gel, but you live and learn).

Looks like I'll be strutting around with a handful of 'forever french' with one thumbnail polished and standing out a mile ... but I've gotta see if this stands the test of time !!!!

Vicky

Huh... technically speaking... you can; though more people have problems than not with this technique.

Good on you for making it work for you :D

Hi

Just veering slightly off course her but did you see Leighton Denny's cover on scratch this month?

He used clear polish and glitter in between l+p so what do you think to that? What will the durability be like?

The Nail Geek said:
no comment ;)

:cry: but i want one!!
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Cover shots for Mags are done with a specific look in mind not the durability............
Only a test of time would give you an answer there.................
Maybe Leighton will answer this one if you email his team.........or send him a PM
He is a member on this board VIPnails.........

For a salon I would go the complete L&P route......... inlay the glitter in clear L&P.......If you are a tip user use a clear tip amd take it from there.........
Then buff to a high shine..................
JMHO

Latest posts

Back