Nail Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon Green

Reaction score
As the regular readers of this board will know I am doing a demo next month for the 'Priory Wives', a group of ladies aged 45 and over...I met one of the ladies today while I was buying the organza to make the bag for the raffle prize I am donating on the night....she asked me if I would be selling any nail polish :oops: ..I had not thought of that retailing opportunity............So what I am after this time is advice on which colours to take and how many of each colour....my poor credit card is really going through it :shock: and also any suggestions on what to do as far as demonstrations go...I have about 2 1/2 hours to fill and I am not very good at speaking in front of a lot of people so I am relying on the demonstrations...should I take my airbrush and do a couple of French designs or can you think of something else :? I don't think they will be interested in gel extensions, but what about the Bio Sculpture permanent colour overlay....help :!:

...a couple of things... yes this is a great retail opp for you REMEMBER - many older women go for the classic 'old lady knicker pink' colours BUT, a bolder colour like a deeper red or pink, makes their hands look years younger (great selling ponit and show them the differnce) ;) .

Also, wear colour on your own toes, so that they can see your choice or paint some old tips to show them the colours you've chosen to retail - thay can hold the tip to their nail to see if they think that colour will suit them!! ;) I love selling so I hope this may help a little!!

Hi ya Hun,
Well have given it some thought.....................
Here it goes

Manicure Demo with life model......................
this is your chance to strut your stuff and have a captive audience,
make it a sooper dooper one .

Whilst doing the Manicure you can then chat about, brittle nails, soft and peeling nails, the difference between nail strenghtner and nail hardener....

Why nails do what they do when they are being neglected................
Not too much science more easy down to earth talking..............

Maybe some nail disasters like, why not to poke under the nail with a sharp instrument, to get out that little bit of left over garden stuff.........

Hangnails, the difference between true cuticle and Pterygium, explaining what is being removed during a manicure and why we don't cut the cuticles!!!!!!!

Maybe a question and answer bit................

It's a bit hard to advice on the choice of colour, but why not check out the mags, select some hot colours taken from the catwalk......
Think Indian summer, think lazing on the beach, think French Riviera
and of course the LULU choices............................
Why not have a few sets of Scandalous, Bazaar !!!!! (Hot choices in my opinion)

Not sure how many of each I would take????
But I would have for sure a order on the night option, but not just colours make it Solar products too,if you use Creative you know the products will be with you in the flash of a credit card lol...................
Try Nail art with 2 different polishes, you know...... French with a twist!!!!

I would just stick to handpainted simple designs, like dots, lines and squiggles lol.......They make flowers, fireworks and abstracts...............
Simple try this at home stuff...............
Thats enough rambling
Hope this has helped a bit
Love Ruth
xxxxxx

Phew :shock: ....Thanks Ruth...you have given me soooooooooooo many ideas :D I am really grateful. I have made up my little organza goodie bag of nail bits & bobs for their draw and I must admit it looks fab :thumbsup:

If I can master downloading pictures I will try and put up a photo of the goodie bag. By the way I have put in a file, bottle of scentsations (handbag size), solar oil, top coat and a set of the 5 new mini size Bio Sculpture summer polishes...do you think that will be enough to donate?

Hi ya Hun you are welcome xxx,
Yep thats plenty....................
Can't wait to see the Piccie's, you will have a fab time and knock em dead, well not dead figure of speech..................
Just stun em with your know how .........................

Have a great time ......................

love Ruth xxxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back