Nail Polishes?? What brand do you use??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodie_glo

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Because i havent been in the industry long i havent got a massive collection of polishes so this month when i get paid i have decided to invest some of my hard earned cash in a collection of nail polishes. The polishes i do own at the moment are OPI and i have been pleased with them so far but i always wonder if there is another brand better out there. i dont want to shell out for a load of OPI polishes to find out two months down the line i could have had a better brand.

What brand do all you fellow geeks use?

jodie x x x

OPI, Creative and Spa Ritual are the best I have found, used OPI and Creative for years now and never any problems, they also keep for years without going thick! :)

Creative Nail Design

Hiya I use Misa (NSI do it on their website but I was lucky enough to win a bid on Ebay for 32 brand new bottles of it for £22 - it was a salon that had closed and she was selling off all her stock). It goes on lovely and has a really nice gloss to it. I also love Orly. Its not really that cheap but again is really good quality and the bottles are quite big so last a good while too.:)

Hi peeps,

Because i havent been in the industry long i havent got a massive collection of polishes so this month when i get paid i have decided to invest some of my hard earned cash in a collection of nail polishes. The polishes i do own at the moment are OPI and i have been pleased with them so far but i always wonder if there is another brand better out there. i dont want to shell out for a load of OPI polishes to find out two months down the line i could have had a better brand.

What brand do all you fellow geeks use?

jodie x x x

I've used OPI in the past & really liked them, but without doubt my favourite range is Jessica.

I've been using Attitude.

OPI are wonderful, they are constantly bringing out new collections and have a vast amount of colours to suit all.I like Creative and Orly as well,I would say all 3 were on an equal par as far as quality is concerned.Jessica is slightly thicker and can be tricky to master,we used that in my old salon.It has a fab reputation though and clients do tend to specifically ask if you use or retail Jessica.HTH

i would choose opi over jessica anyday lol. we use jessica in my salon and yes they are a good product when the bottle just opened after a some use or when gets to a certain level usually to the writting of j lol they become a nightmare to work with really thick and not smooth at all have even expeienced bubbles on nails :rolleyes: i do like the range dont get me wrong and i enjoyed training with the company but the polish just is a nightmare after a while i still have opi which i use at home that get used a lot and never get problems with. i do like jessicas gloss and stuff as well i have also use china glaze i liked that as well.
clients however just like the name and think it a better product but suppose the same with all products like fake bake example clients all want it even thow never tried all say its the "best" until they try other brands x

thanks everyone theres loads to consider there then! lol

does anyone use essie? what do you think of it?

Thanks

Jodie x x x

when gets to a certain level usually to the writting of j lol they become a nightmare to work with really thick and not smooth at all have even expeienced bubbles on nails :rolleyes:

I've been using Jessica for over 7 years now & never had this thickening problem or bubbles, perhaps the problem is the way it's being stored or treated by the therapists (such as shaking the bottle)? I have bottles for personal use that are 3 or 4 years old & even they are still of a useable consistency.

I love the new CND polish and efects and I'm still a big fan of the polish from Nfu.oh, they have a huge range of colours.
Both companies reasonably priced.
:hug:

I love toma polishes by Mad Beauty. I'v used them for years and this is the brand im choosing when i go solo next month.
x

Check out NUBAR's range of polishes they are fab and hard wearing.

I've been using Jessica for over 7 years now & never had this thickening problem or bubbles, perhaps the problem is the way it's being stored or treated by the therapists (such as shaking the bottle)? I have bottles for personal use that are 3 or 4 years old & even they are still of a useable consistency.

the bottles are stored properly i dont shake the bottle i roll it as was shown with my jessica lecturer years ago. i like jessica when it a new bottle but personally wouldnt be my first choice

Hi

I use OPI nail lacquer and I love it...it is an award winning formula so that speaks for itself!

I am very open/tried other brands of nail lacquer but I keep going back to OPI and as yet, imo nothing beats it..:):):)

Tried essie..i wasn't looking for it my friend had some essie and tried it i really didn't like it for a professional range.

I LOVE OPI the range of colours and collections is endless..opi even do skins for the dell lollipop laptops and they have just brought out a collection of alice in wonderland polish' for the release of the new film.

As far as it goes for professional polish i'd say your top competitors are; OPI, ORLY and CREATIVE (in no order) and that's just my opinion it's nothing official lol

also..have a look at nfu.oh polish think there a bit more but wow the colours are amazing and the bottles r lush!

Use to use OPI, but I got tired of it getting thick when it was less than half empty and they made it too expensive to use. Since then I've used Zoya, not quite as bad as OPI. But now I use China Glaze, love it. It doesn't get thick til you've used 3/4 of the bottle. Client's were die hard OPI, but I don't hear any complaints about China Glaze. Can't beat the price either. A lot less expensive than OPI.

OPI is great, theres no denying. I also use Zoya and China Glaze, they are both fantastic. I like Essies colours but I havent found I like it as much. Cute bottle though lol. I havent used a ton of creative but the few I do have really dried up quickly. Hth!

Latest posts

Back