Nail prep

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering when doing nail prep is it necessary to use a different lint free pad for each finger when cleansing over nails? I have been doing this but am getting through lots of pads and was wondering if it would be just as effective with one for each hand.

Hi I was wondering when doing nail prep is it necessary to use a different lint free pad for each finger when cleansing over nails? I have been doing this but am getting through lots of pads and was wondering if it would be just as effective with one for each hand.

One pad per nail will cost you a small fortune, and it isn’t really necessary either ;)

One per hand (if you prefer to be extra thorough), but one for both is more than adequate though.

Not sure if I'm doing it wrong but I've never used one pad per nail!! I use one pad for all fingers and I use a manicure brush as I go and that gets all the dust and dirt off just fine. I do this regardless of application. I sanitise with a spray right at the beginning so nails are nice and clean as you go so no need for loads of pads! I use meltblown pads for prep xx

Ok thank you, I think I was just being extra cautious with the prep and didn't want to change it not knowing if it would cause problems with lifting etc.

I wouldn't worry, if you were getting lifting it wouldn't be from cleaning with to little pads, it's getting the non living tissue off nail beds and flush application! Honestly, I use just one pad to whip over all nails while checking for any leftover cuticle, non living tissue and sort it, if I miss anything xxx

Latest posts

Back