Nail Pricing? Dont know what to do!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleTips69

Reaction score
Hello again!!

Now I'm starting back at nails, I'm a bit confused how to set my prices.

I will be working alongside a friend, who qualified with creative in May this year. She is going to charge £25 for a full set p&w. She started at £18 in May and has gone up gradually.

I have been doing nails over 7years, and am at master level with creative. I was charging £25 when she was £23. I am a bit miffed coz, to have 7yrs experience and have to charge the same as someone with less than 1, seems a bit unfair?

But we will be in competition, as we are both renting space in the same salon!!! Aaaagghhh!! Dont know what to do!!!

Could you tell me waht you guys charge and how your prices compare to people with more/less experience in the nail biz???

Hello again!!

Now I'm starting back at nails, I'm a bit confused how to set my prices.

I will be working alongside a friend, who qualified with creative in May this year. She is going to charge £25 for a full set p&w. She started at £18 in May and has gone up gradually.

I have been doing nails over 7years, and am at master level with creative. I was charging £25 when she was £23. I am a bit miffed coz, to have 7yrs experience and have to charge the same as someone with less than 1, seems a bit unfair?

But we will be in competition, as we are both renting space in the same salon!!! Aaaagghhh!! Dont know what to do!!!

Could you tell me waht you guys charge and how your prices compare to people with more/less experience in the nail biz???

but surely people will still prefer to book with you as with more experience you will produce better nails than a new technician.

Charge accordingly you have been doing this a long time and must be loads better than your friend (no offence meant to your friend)

State on your price lists that you are a master creative nail technician with 7yrs experience and offer professional natural looking nails,
have you won any comps? if so state that on your price lists too hth

I think your work colleague had better watch out....with a master nail technician that uses Creative,she has some stiff competition....if i was the discerning customer,i know who i would choose....even if it was £50 for a set of enhancements:green:

Good luck:hug:

Well i'm hoping people will appreciate the quality of my work!!! I am an absolute perfectionist!!

She will be working 5 days and I will be doing 3, so she will be making the bookings when Im not there!! Just worried that people dont want to pay more than £25 with there being so much competition these days.

xx

well I think its a ruddy shame that with your experience and your masters qualification you should be charging £25 for a set of nails,
I'd have a word with your friend and BOTH raise your prices, many salons operate a 'tear' structure based on experience and qualifications maybe you could both agree on something like this, and market your selfs above the rest just because 'half a job harry' knocks them out for £20 don't think you have to compete, offer a higher class service (after all your both using a high class product and have training to back it up) people WILL pay more if they think its worth it, so make sure you and your friend are xx

xx good luck with it xx

Yep I totally agree no master technician should charge £25.00!!! I'm sure you could both put your prices up, if you're worried about the competition I found when I was charging £30.00 people thought they wouldn't be as good as the place down the road that charge £37.00. So I put mine up to £35.00 and nobody has complained. Also I work alongside hairdressers with a tier system and they have no problem sharing clients-ladies don't mind paying that bit more for a slightly superior service X

Latest posts

Back