Nail problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_pen_x

Reaction score
I bit my nails for 28 years before last year I finally got hypnotherapy and haven't bitten them since. They've grown back lovely, I'm surprised I didn't do more damage tbh :/ I take nail supplements and use my solar oil of course and they seem to be ok most of the time. A couple aren't attached as far down as is like, but considering how bad they were it's not so bad. So that said I just have a question. Sometimes, especially when I get out of the shower the free edges go see through and thin, I'm assuming it's because of the water. Today I've noticed one of my nails (no shower yet) has gone part see through (see photo) and thin, just wondered if anyone knew the cause of this or why it just happens sometimes? Any insight would be great thanks :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401580160.294377.jpg photo would help... Sorry

Have you tried OPI Original Nail Envy? I used it religiously when I stopped biting my nails. 2 coats on the first day, a coat on top every second day, remove everything after a week and start again. It does work!

Yep tried that :) 90% of the time my nails are fine and then bits of them will suddenly go see through and weak. It seems to be a bit better today but it's really weird

Jelly babies. No joke! When I was training for my last marathon, I ate them as an energy boost. My nails were rock solid. Think it was the gelatine x

The supplements I take work wonders and they are pretty solid. Then all of a sudden this happens :/ I just find it weird that 1 day that nail was fine then seemingly nothing happened but then this

I'm sure someone posted about this before but I can't find it anywhere!! Because I'm sure there was actually an explanation for it too, I'll have another look and see if I can find the post for you xx

Thanks :) it's just so odd heh. It seems to be fine today, but yea if there's an explanation that'd be great hehe

Latest posts

Back