Nail problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mhartzog

Reaction score
So I guess I will start from the beginning of this journey. Let’s start off with saying I have always taken great care of my nails so this experience has been pretty traumatic for me. About 2 months ago I was starting the weed whip to trim up the grass and the top snapped back at me and hit my nails pretty hard on my right hand and ended up slicing underneath my pointer finger. I went inside washed my hands from the blood and went back outside. About a week later after the cut was almost healed my nails starting burning and itching and were sensitive to touch on both hands. I was started soaking them with soap and hot water cause it seemed to ease the pain a little. Than all of my nails split from the nail bed. I have healed up the slits but now between my nail and the bed there is spongy looking skin which I believe might be a fungus? I also have some splinter hemorrhages on some of my nails. I have been using antifungal cream and doing apple cider vinegar soaks and haven’t seen much improvement. I am not sure what is going on here but it is driving me nuts and I am so embarrassed of my hands! I don’t have health insurance or I would have already been to the doctor. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions on how to speed up this process of healing? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 695483DB-DD37-4F06-AEB5-C4983705D1B7.jpeg
    695483DB-DD37-4F06-AEB5-C4983705D1B7.jpeg
    810.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 45FDB1D9-C89F-408E-9446-5FA522F89CFE.jpeg
    45FDB1D9-C89F-408E-9446-5FA522F89CFE.jpeg
    778.8 KB · Views: 62
We are not medically trained and will not suggest home remedies. Go to a doctor, you cannot put a price on your health

I second the above advice. I would also be wary of using antifungal cream, which contain steroids, until you know what is wrong.

If either of you read the whole post the reason I haven’t gone to the doctor is due to not having health coverage so I was trying to reach out to a community to get some advice. Thanks...

If either of you read the whole post the reason I haven’t gone to the doctor is due to not having health coverage so I was trying to reach out to a community to get some advice. Thanks...

And if you read my whole reply you'll understand we are not doctors and will not give you medical advice. As professional Nail Technicians we are taught not to diagnose and refer where necessary. In your case a referral is required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back