Nail problems - bits in polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Zoe*

Reaction score
Having a right nightmare with my nail polish at the moment!!

I apply base, two coats of colour, and a top coat. It looks lovely and smooth and then when it's nearly dry there are little bits of what looks like grit in it :-(

I use OPI polish, I don't shake my bottles up, I don't use anything to dry them apart from air drying, and there is nothing in my bottles. Really starting to annoy me now! Any ideas?

Only positive is that not many people are asking for polish now, it's mainly gel polish :-(

I've painted my own nails and took a photo to show what I mean but it's not showing up well.

Ignore my painting skills, I am not great at painting my own nails x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329048109.227200.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329048109.227200.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 536
Do you push the cuticles back first?

My guess, is that's it's cuticle still left on the nail plate and as it's invisible, you won't notice it's there until the polish goes on.

So ensure to remove all traces of cuticle and use Scrubfresh to remove containments and purify the nail before you paint and you won't have this problem.

Are you cleansing the nail before applying polish to take away any nail fillings incase there is still some on and around the nail xxx

Do you push the cuticles back first?

My guess, is that's it's cuticle still left on the nail plate and as it's invisible, you won't notice it's there until the polish goes on.

So ensure to remove all traces of cuticle and use Scrubfresh to remove containments and purify the nail before you paint and you won't have this problem.

This!

Is it every polish on every customer?

I use OPI and haven't had this problem. Do you see the bumps at all in the colour coat, because this is where i've seen it if i've missed some cuticle.

If you only see it in your top coat, maybe there are bits of fluff or something in the top coat xx

It's on every nail. I notice it when the colour coat is drying.

I do remove the any skin etc with scrub fresh.

Maybe it could be bits of filing, but I do wipe the nails down with scrub fresh after filing but will make sure it's completely clear before I start.

Yes I am getting it with every client :-(

What I do is have a little bowel of water and once I've finished filing and cuticle work I very quickly dip the hands in give a quick wash then dry them then use nail pure then get on with my polishing.

It may help you.xx

Are your lint free wipes really lint free?

Sounds more like air bubbles to me?

Didn't the poster say in her initial post that she does not shake her polish bottles?

Latest posts

Back