Nail Qualifications in Australia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

candy

Reaction score
Can anyone please help? :rolleyes:
I am moving to Australia in the next 12 months.I love all things nails and am pretty new to this profession.I would like to eventually have my own nail bar in Brisbane. :)
I have done a short course in acrylics last year and I am doing V.T.C.T in manicure and pedicure at the moment.I know I need more training in nails but am reluctant to spend any more money on courses in case these qualifications don't stand for anything in Australia.
I am interested in a conversion course with Creative. does anyone know if any of these qualifications are relievant in Australia.
I have asked the question to a college in Queensland, but no reply as yet!!

Candy :cool:

The Creative Qualification is good anywhere in the world for buying Creative products from the distributor ... It is not a licence (as is needed in the USA) but is accepted as great education wherever there is no licencing required.

Hello Candy

I am Australian but know nothing about qualifications in Oz as I only trained since living in the UK.

I do know that the cost of a full set is about half to a third of what it costs here, but your cost of living will be a lot less too. I now pay about 3 tiems as much for grogery shopping and rent than I did in Perth.

I have been on holiday to Brisbane quite a few times and it is a lovely place...very similar to Perth :)

Good luck with the move :)

Thank you both for your advice!!!!!!

Candy :)

hope you like it out there! i lived there for nearly 3 years and the price of nails in Brisbane is about $30-45. the Gold Coast is about $60. I used to get my nails done but only trained at college since coming back. Hope it all goes well ---enjoy!!!

Try this link for the australian fingernail association, they should be able to help you out http://www.apfa.net.au/
Chris

Candy,

I'm new to all this, just studying at the moment. I am hoping at some point to move to Oz or New Zealand so I did some research before doing any courses as I didn't want to pay to gain a qualification that won't be valid elsewhere.
I found that ITEC qualifications are recognised in Oz and New Zealand so that's the course I'm doing. You can go to www.itecworld.co.uk where they list colleages that run their courses (not all institutions run all courses).
Hope this helps.
Bryony

Hi Candy

Here in Australia we have certificates of training. Certificate 2 in Nail Technology is exactly that. The courses cover application of acrylic, gel, silk wraps, drill tecnique, refills, nail art, manicure, pedicure, nail disorders and disease. With both tips and sculpting been taught. This qualifies you as a professional "Nail Technician". The courses are available through private institutions and TAFE. This course is nationally recognised if done at a registered training org.You then can buy your supplys from the wholesaler of your choice. I did this certificate imbedded in my Diploma of Beauty Therapy.
Theres options available.
I cant give you any help with recommending a place of training in Brisbane as Im in Adelaide but I will say you gonna luv :biggrin: Queensland, its the best...enjoy!!

Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back