Nail reaction to gel - causes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabel.Blake

Reaction score
hi all, I'm wondering if there are other causes to nail reactions other than the particular brands that seem to be the most common cause. I use a good well respected brand with no previous concerns from anyone. But I've had three people over the last 3 months have a reaction. Its the typical splinter haemorrhages with the thick/dry skin under the nail causing lifting.

I think they've all have had it on their right thumb mainly but also silght lifting on other nails so I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the lamp? maybe a bulb going on the side that would cure that particular nail? Or can applying gel too thick cause it? I have been trying to use the builder bases to help provide strength etc. I feel like im really nervous that other people are going to have the same and im thinking fin I can pinpoint what's causing it, even if its down to my application (to thick etc?) its the first step to preventing it ever happening again.

its such a hard subject because you instantly feel embarrassed and that your no good at your job. and there is the worry of other people judging you etc

thanks for any help!

What's the brand?

Each client will need allergy testing. This is the only way to find out what they're allergic to. Please avoid trial and error. Each time you try again, it's more exposure and will make their reaction worse over time.

I would go back to the brand with your concerns, without mentioning that your application could be the problem. If you say that, they might just put the blame on you, as we have seen from other brands in the past.

Have you got pictures?

Absolutely agree with Kyralouise, any allergic reaction will need an allergy test to ascertain exactly what ingredient is causing the reaction.

Latest posts

Back