Nail repairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi. Im hoping someone can help. I was told when I started working in the salon, to start as I mean to go on!!!!! However I am a bitt of a softy, and did nail repairs and additional extensions for free. Now I wish I hadn't. I need to put up a sign to say this politely. Can anyone give me any pointers on what to write / say.
All my clients are lovely and don't want to offend any of them, they have become friends to me. I feel if I start charging them it may have a negative impact, especially if when they return for their appointment they have lost 5 nails??
Thankyou in advance

You'll have to start slowly and gently, start by chattily mentioning you will be charging for breakages going forward, mention it at this appointment ready for their next one. When you're applying their Solar Oil before they pay and leave remind them they need to use their cuticle oil to keep them in good condition, by the way 'do you need to buy a bottle?' ;) as all breakages will be charged for....so if you break 5 over the next few weeks your appoint will be £xx [and smile], then move on to rebooking their next appointment. Don't give them time to comment, they will feel they need to say something, just change the subject and do their booking. They can digest the information on their way home in their own way and by the time you next see them it's done, they know, and their nails will be fine as they will have taken better care I guarantee :p

Thankyou, that's really helpful.

Latest posts

Back