Nail ripped off quite low

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if the wound had healed, surely applying an overlay over skin in the middle of a nail like this would cause lifting around the piece of skin, a perfect little pocket for moisture and bacteria to thrive?

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

This happened to me on my index finger about month ago, was agony for few days as the tip flesh bit was raw. I had left it to let it heal on own and kept it clean and used savlon and solar oil, it healed week after and I left it and was able to put a tip on it after 2 weeks, tip only just for a bit of length and painted over as a temporary thing. It is now starting to grow over the tip over my finger now and back to normal:) hth. hope doesn't happen to me again, so sore!x

Last edited:
As a nail tech who also works in the health care field, I would not put anything over this until it is healed. The nail plate is red and open. The client should keep it clean and covered so it does not get infected. Putting acrylic or gel over it can keep it from healing and may make it worse by allowing the chemicals to get in the wound. During curing, it may cause pain. It could also trigger an allergy too.

As a nail tech who also works in the health care field, I would not put anything over this until it is healed. The nail plate is red and open. The client should keep it clean and covered so it does not get infected. Putting acrylic or gel over it can keep it from healing and may make it worse by allowing the chemicals to get in the wound. During curing, it may cause pain. It could also trigger an allergy too.

My thoughts exactly! Glad someone agrees!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

It looks very open and raw 😳if someone asked me to put something on that I wouldn't as I would be scared about causing infection underneath. If it were my nail I would pop a plaster on it and change as many times as needed so always dry, just so you don't catch it really and I'm sure in a week or two will be ready for gel, tip ect x x
Not an expert just what I'd do :) x x

Thanks for all you replies an suggestions ladies. I am going to the client this evening and I asked her to text me an updated pic of her nail now. This is it...she has also been applying SolarOil a few times a day.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336120526.912671.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336120526.912671.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2,989

Latest posts

Back