Nail room décor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenHug

Reaction score
Hiya.

I'll be setting up at home soon, how did you decide on a theme for your room? Im a huge Harry potter fan, and my personal dream is to live at Hogwarts! Do you think it would put people off if my salon was a bit less mainstream? My friend said it would get people talking as its unique but I don't want people to think im a complete nutter either!

Would it put you off?

On the contrary I'd love a Harry Potter Salon, it'd be so totally different! And a name like Magical nails, or Nails like Magic!
I'd even try to come up with some beverages or pastries to offer that would match the theme! Like the chocolate frogs! I'm sure it'd be fairly easy to find them somewhere! And you could come with your own mixed tea and name them potions... (yeah I like to combine different herbs with my tea)
And if anyone comes with their children you could have some potter-oriented games to offer, or the movie perhaps?And tell them that if they don't behave you'd curse them!
Yeah Yeah I'm a crazy fan too! I'm having a real laugh right now trying to imagine it all! I read all the books once every year! And just to think my students won't even touch them...
But seriously now, go with it. It's so out of the ordinary it's sure to attract some attention. You will certainly get all the fans, and you will lose all the haters, but bottom line you'll be the one spending all your days in that room so why not make it something YOU will enjoy most of all?

Asteropi!

Thanks for the enthusiasm! Im planning on a fairly normal name, but using a harry potter font, it makes the name look like a spell!

Asteropi!

Thanks for the enthusiasm! Im planning on a fairly normal name, but using a harry potter font, it makes the name look like a spell!

OOOhhhh what's the name? By the way I added a couple of ideas above so re-read it!

I've direct messaged you, name is currently a secret!

Just be careful, if your salon looks too close to Harry Potter you might be leaning on copyright infringement. Keep it magical and Harry potter-esc but try not to copy it entirely.

Thanks Jen, I had thought about that, the room is tiny, so is more "cupboard under the stairs" than Hogwarts, so it will be a "nod" to the theme rather than full on copy. A relative once fell foul of this in their business and it cost them hundreds of thousands in court fees!

I would love a Harry Potter themed salon!

Fabulous, fun idea....love it !

It's a fab idea but would it appeal to a wide enough age group.
My eldest son was of the true age group that grew up with Harry Potter book by book. He is now 25.
So your niche market will be the 18-30 age group that still have a love of all things Potter.
You could focus on this group - so nails, lashes etc but perhaps think about how your room would look to your 60+ market.
They might think you are catering more for kids pamper parties .
Just my thoughts though.

Latest posts

Back