Nail salon cough screen/shields

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinju

Reaction score
Hi All,

I wanted to ask if anyone have installed manicure table screen? Is this going to be a requirement from the govt ?
Many thanks
C xx

It's unlikely. None of the other countries who have now allowed nail salons to reopen have required this. Also, their is little benefit now it is understood that speech produces small droplets that float in the air and can circulate around a screen.

So best to wait until the government publishes guidance. x

Thank you for your reply. I think it’s more of a marketing ploy as this salon is saying we can only buy the limited stock from them. I agree with you about waiting for the guidelines.
Best wishes,
C xx

I also read that screens may not actually be that much use. I just hope our insurance companies can give us some guidance too about what we need to do.

Having read everything I can, I won't be getting a screen for my manicure table. Much better to just stop droplets at source with close fitting good masks on both client and therapist. Further to that, sanitising gel, good hygiene, cleaning surfaces, refreshing towels & uniform etc can all be done.

Ultimately, if you provide your clients with a copy of your policy setting out what hygiene provision you are making (in line with gov advice), it is up to them to decide if this is enough for them personally in their situation & health status, and if they book in.
If they are going to worry, then don't book in until you have had the vaccine or your situation changes.

Having read everything I can, I won't be getting a screen for my manicure table. Much better to just stop droplets at source with close fitting good masks on both client and therapist. Further to that, sanitising gel, good hygiene, cleaning surfaces, refreshing towels & uniform etc can all be done.

Ultimately, if you provide your clients with a copy of your policy setting out what hygiene provision you are making (in line with gov advice), it is up to them to decide if this is enough for them personally in their situation & health status, and if they book in.
If they are going to worry, then don't book in until you have had the vaccine or your situation changes.
Thank you for your reply. I totally agree with you but u know how people like to make money on back of everything that’s going on at the moment. I have my guidelines written out already.
Best wishes
C

Sorry I wasn’t able to attach a note with th picture I uploaded. That’s the email I got from the salon who is selling them. Not sure who gave them the guidelines as I have not see this any other parts of the world just yet. Have a look to see what you guys think of it.
Thanks
C

Attachments

• 1BADDECD-1F94-48FD-90F5-97D4595B3E44.png
    1BADDECD-1F94-48FD-90F5-97D4595B3E44.png
    976.2 KB · Views: 94
As you say, people trying to make money out of other people’s anxieties.
It’s just clever sales wording.
They haven’t referred to any specific guidance and it’s written to make you think you’ll need to buy their products.

Hi,
I totally agree with you. I saw that some beauty suppliers are selling them too. I will wait for the guidelines from the govt. I have been checking how other parts of the world are doing it and none of them have shields.

Thank you for your reply. Btw that particular salon is selling the shield for £95 each plus vat. Pure greed !!

Have a good day,
Xx

Yea 95 is way too high. Over in the US prices are nearly 1/3 of that.

Sorry I wasn’t able to attach a note with th picture I uploaded. That’s the email I got from the salon who is selling them. Not sure who gave them the guidelines as I have not see this any other parts of the world just yet. Have a look to see what you guys think of it.
Thanks
C

The guidelines have not been published yet.

Read on the BBC news last night about hairdressers wanting to open early and this was in the write up so yes the gov guidelines now say a screen .Whether they will provide any protection or not is questionable but ..

The UK government told Newsbeat they are currently working with the industry to provide more specific advice, but have set out some initial guidance for situations where people cannot work 2m apart. These include:

• Keep the activity time involved as short as possible
  • Use screens or barriers to separate each other
  • Use back-to-back or side-to-side working
  • Stagger arrival and departure times
  • Introduce teams in store to reduce contact

Latest posts

Back