Nail salon music

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinkyPinky

Reaction score
Has anyone got any recommendations for salon music? I have a nail studio so it doesn't necessarily have to be so relaxing it puts people to sleep but I like relaxing and mellow without being depressing. I downloaded a couple of new albums recently and they are a little hum drum and plonky plonk piano which isn't that pleasant!

purely from a customer point of view, i prefer to listen to the radio, not only does it give you music to listen to but it can start discussions of things you hear on the news bulletins etc. I hate that plonky plonky stuff unless i was say having a facial or massage. Also at least with the radio you will get a mix. If I went to a salon that played a whole album of an artist I didnt like or an album of irritating music, it would get on my nerves.

Nail salon music for me too would have to be the radio.
I tend to find Smooth FM is fab as it plays music suitable for all ages.

Maybe have a few stations programmed in a just flick through them or better still ask your clients what they prefer.
You could even run a little poll - "what radio station would you prefere to listen to in your nail salon?" Get them all to write it on a bit of paper & station with the most votes will be the one you listen to! x:hug:x

Hi there

I just opened my nail salon just over a month ago, and it took me a while to decide what to play...

Have you considered your PRS licence? If you are playing the radio and/or any CDs (or music of any kind that you bought) you will need a licence (www.prsformusic.com) . The licence for a year is about £70.

You can get music that doesn't require a licence - copyright free ones. I got mine from River of Light (www.ichillmusic.com) and I was really pleasantly surprised. I got the Smooth one and it's just really nice background music - like chilled out Ibiza type music. I bought the CD, then downloaded it onto my iPod.

Hth x

Have you considered your PRS licence? If you are playing the radio and/or any CDs (or music of any kind that you bought) you will need a licence (www.prsformusic.com) . The licence for a year is about £70.
You'll also need to buy a PPL music licence, at around £130 :irked:..... look into royalty free music:)

Thanks for the suggestions. I have spoken to a few clients about the radio but they have all said that they prefer relaxing slower music and don't want to think about the news e.t.c. as it's their relaxation/me time. I will try ichillmusic.com thanks. Is there a station that doesn't have news breaks or chatting in between?

There's a couple of tunes that I composed and recorded that you could download for free if you wanted too; I've put them up at http://www.salontunes.net/ (yet another project that I want to do more with when I find the time LOL)... and of course they are royalty free too - and if the PRS thinks otherwise, then you can tell them you have express permission from the composer and performer to use them royalty free!!!

Last edited:
Thank you very much Ruth. I just tried to open the link and it crashed but I'll keep trying xx

aww ruth your so lovely to everyone on here! i love seeing people been so nice! it really makes me smile :lol: x

Ruth is there no end to your skills? Thank you for everything you give us geeks xx

That is so lovely of you to say! I am really fond of both of those tunes (especially "The Ice Maiden"), although neither of them are what I'd consider "production quality" yet; they were both recorded fairly quickly back in December 2002 and April 2003; "The Ice Maiden" was recorded in a single evening and the flute part was recorded in a single take! And "Heavenly Dreams" still sounds a bit sparse to my ears... it definitely needs more parts adding to it!

But it would be so lovely to be able to spend some time sitting down to compose and record a whole album of music! I've got *lots* of ideas floating around in my head; I just need the time to tie them all together into a musical "whole" - so an hour or so of music where each piece segues into the next one. There definitely needs to be some piano in the mix too; I've got a piece in mind that starts off with some really lush soft synth strings, to which I then add a flute or two a few bars later... then there's a lovely piano entry a few minutes into the piece (think the slow movement of Beethoven's "Emperor" concerto for a similar mood) - I want that particular piece to have a really "warm" sound to it - again quite "spinny" and melancholic though.

I guess you can tell I have a particular penchant for a nice mixture of classical and New Age, LOL... both genres feature highly on the playlist on the hi-fi ;)

Latest posts

Back