Nail separation client with cancer -Gelish/Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
I have a client that had breast cancer 14 years ago and 6 years ago she developed a tumour in her stomach, this cannot be operated on so she is on constant medication.

She has been coming to me every 2 weeks for about 2 months to have gelish or shellac applied. Her nails are "crumbly" at the free edge due to the meds but we have been having great results with the gelish/shellac.

Until today! She is due in tommorrow but has text me today to say one of her nail has separated from the nail bed. She is going to use a plaster on the nail until I see her tom.

I have researched this and i know its the meds and her condition that is causing the problem.

Looking for advise as to what to do next. I will discuss it with her but it I may have to remove all the product and leave nails bare? She will be gutted but I dont want to make the problem worse.

If her nails are going to start separating from the nail bed, it is possible that she is going to shed her nails. I see that happen with cancer patients undergoing treatment. The bad news is it may be a good idea to keep them naked or maybe do clear polish with simple art so she can keep an eye on the nails. The good news is that most people regrow nice normal nails.

If her nails are going to start separating from the nail bed, it is possible that she is going to shed her nails. I see that happen with cancer patients undergoing treatment. The bad news is it may be a good idea to keep them naked or maybe do clear polish with simple art so she can keep an eye on the nails. The good news is that most people regrow nice normal nails.

Thanks for your advice, I will see her tom and see how bad it is, I will pass on the fact that if she does loose the nail it should grow back normally.:biggrin:

False alarm!

Turns out it was only the product that had lifted due to the splits she gets across her thumb nails, Phew!

Thanks to Holly anyway for replying. Its a good learning curve.

Latest posts

Back