Nail separation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelish Joanne

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help..
I have two clients which I have been doing for a number of years two of them have developed nail sepration nails looked dry underneath both referred to docs with nail clippings NOT fungal also bloody tests were taken with one client due to feeling run down again nothing (thought mabye thyroid ect) anyone know what this could be caused by? I use gel bottle products ? Doctor doesn’t know

Do you perhaps have any pics you could post? Think it may be easier for an experienced tech to give advice based on seeing what the nail condition looks like

6A04DAF4-AD83-4465-B57E-56029CFD93E8.jpeg

I’ve attached a pic I don’t use salon geek much so I’m not really a newbie to nails I am an experienced nail tech of 10 years just not sure what could be causing this if doctors don’t know I’m thinking mabye a reaction to my products xx

Do you buff before application?

I've read up on this type of nail condition. According to what I have read, it could be due to a number if things: 1) uncured product, 2) allergic reaction to nail products, 3) client may suffer from anaemia, 4) deficiency in protein, vitamins and minerals.

Hope this helps.

I've read up on this type of nail condition. According to what I have read, it could be due to a number if things: 1) uncured product, 2) allergic reaction to nail products, 3) client may suffer from anaemia, 4) deficiency in protein, vitamins and minerals.

Hope this helps.
Blood tests have been carried out on one client no anaemia detected , always cured properly so I’m thinking mabye a reaction xx

Do you buff before application?
My clients normally have a soak and new set so most of the nail is prepared I just do cuticle work on new nail growth and cleanse I don’t like to buff to much x

I personally don't use this brand, but I hear people are having issues with it more and more recently. There are few groups on Facebook where this type nail separation and other allergic reactions are discussed. Worth looking into

I actually did question wither or not it could be the product but would it not happen to more than 2 clients ? Xx

Wondering if anyone can help..
I have two clients which I have been doing for a number of years two of them have developed nail sepration nails looked dry underneath both referred to docs with nail clippings NOT fungal also bloody tests were taken with one client due to feeling run down again nothing (thought mabye thyroid ect) anyone know what this could be caused by? I use gel bottle products ? Doctor doesn’t know

Onycholysis is more common than you might think. Usually from an allergy or something irritating them (not always the gel but could be explained by lamp and gel not matching more likely something they use at home), wet hands like if they work in care etc and wash hands a lot. Then if it’s not anything like that it can be medical conditions so worth saying pop to the doctor next time you have a break from gels if you are worried. It can be thyroid etc. But generally just where gels are kept on too long (eg leaving on feet for more than 6 weeks is very common wise of natural nail separation).

Thank you as mentioned in original post I know at least one of them has been to docs nail clippings tested and also bloods too nothing came up as I originally thought thyroid I’m thinking it’s more than likely a reaction to the products as we left product off for 2 weeks and seen a slight improvement just not sure about other client in the mean time I’ve been doing ibx treatment to see if this helps xxx

Check the Nail Harmony Nail Tech page on Facebook.... there's real problems at the moment with many people reporting this... but mostly where using PolyGel

I had a new client that has this on fingers and toes (little finger and ring fingers only). Got her Dr to check and got all clear to have gel polish. She has psoriasis which is the cause but I recommended applying tea tree oil every day and it worked and eventually after a few months was gone completely. She then stopped using it and it started to separate slightly again so reminded her to use the tea tree. I use a different brand.

Check the Nail Harmony Nail Tech page on Facebook.... there's real problems at the moment with many people reporting this... but mostly where using PolyGel
Yes I’m aware of the problem with polygel by nail Harmony unfortunately I don’t use this brand anymore or used there polygel so can’t really comment I’m just wondering if the gel bottle users have had problems I have emailed them regarding issue I’ll see how there reply is xx

I had a new client that has this on fingers and toes (little finger and ring fingers only). Got her Dr to check and got all clear to have gel polish. She has psoriasis which is the cause but I recommended applying tea tree oil every day and it worked and eventually after a few months was gone completely. She then stopped using it and it started to separate slightly again so reminded her to use the tea tree. I use a different brand.
I did suspect mabye nail psoriasis but the doctor has ruled this out also xx

Latest posts

Back