Nail services for transvestite or transgender men?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've changed my price list to reflect men, does the below sound ok?

MENS NATURAL NAIL MANICURE (includes cuticle work, file, shape, soak, exfoliation, moisturising & nails buffed to a natural shine)

Mens natural nail manicure.....£10.00

How much do you charge Claire for the same treatment on a woman? Don't forget a male manicure can sometimes take much longer because they often have hard skin, ground in dirt and oil etc. because of their jobs.

Just thought id point out before you print anything 'matt' is actually 'matte'. Thats a really good idea I might have to adapt my pricelist aswell xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

How much do you charge Claire for the same treatment on a woman? Don't forget a male manicure can sometimes take much longer because they often have hard skin, ground in dirt and oil etc. because of their jobs.

I did the prices the same as a woman, so maybe £14 then for the natural manicure?

Just thought id point out before you print anything 'matt' is actually 'matte'. Thats a really good idea I might have to adapt my pricelist aswell xx

Thanks for the spell check, gawd knows I'm rubbish at spelling lol x

According to the OED either spelling can be used to mean a non shiny surface. However, paint manufacturers seem to use "matt" and both OPI and Gelish use "matte". Both are correct apparently.

According to the OED either spelling can be used to mean a non shiny surface. However, paint manufacturers seem to use "matt" and both OPI and Gelish use "matte". Both are correct apparently.

Talking of Matte Juicy are u getting the Gelish matte top coat?

Talking of Matte Juicy are u getting the Gelish matte top coat?

Of course :biggrin: I buy everything! I have the OPI Matte topcoat and I've used it a grand total of twice! Did look good though.

Of course :biggrin: I buy everything! I have the OPI Matte topcoat and I've used it a grand total of twice! Did look good though.

LOL. It would be good for doing nail art, shiney base and matte freehand design

Very interesting thread - sorry it's taken me a while to find it!

I guess one thing I'd mention is that most male-to-female transgender people would really not want to be referred to as "men" - that would be particularly offensive to mtf transsexuals, for example. Many cross-dressers would prefer to be referred to as women rather than men too. So I'd be careful to make a distinction between male and trans clients - e.g. say "we welcome male, female and transgender clients" - or "we welcome clients of all genders and sexualities" (the latter will also imply that you are lesbian, gay and bisexual friendly too) - or perhaps "We are lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender friendly".

Generally, it would be cross-dressers who would be most secretive - many cross-dressers are not "out" at work or to their (non-cross-dresser) friends or even their partner.

Whereas transgender people and transsexuals living full-time as the opposite gender to which they were born would either be "out" to everyone, or living in "stealth" - i.e. to all intents and purposes a member of the gender they are now living as - depending on where they are in their transition.

Very interesting thread - sorry it's taken me a while to find it!

I guess one thing I'd mention is that most male-to-female transgender people would really not want to be referred to as "men" - that would be particularly offensive to mtf transsexuals, for example. Many cross-dressers would prefer to be referred to as women rather than men too. So I'd be careful to make a distinction between male and trans clients - e.g. say "we welcome male, female and transgender clients" - or "we welcome clients of all genders and sexualities" (the latter will also imply that you are lesbian, gay and bisexual friendly too) - or perhaps "We are lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender friendly".

Generally, it would be cross-dressers who would be most secretive - many cross-dressers are not "out" at work or to their (non-cross-dresser) friends or even their partner.

Whereas transgender people and transsexuals living full-time as the opposite gender to which they were born would either be "out" to everyone, or living in "stealth" - i.e. to all intents and purposes a member of the gender they are now living as - depending on where they are in their transition.

Hi Ruth, how are you?
Thanks for the advice, I don't know of any cross dressers or transgender peeps, so I guess I'm not sure which language to use :o

Perhaps I could just have my services for men and women (not suggesting who should fit into which bracket) and on my welcome page say that i welcome everybody and then if i place adverts in the Pink Punters nightclub and perhaps some free ads in websites that are targeted for the trans community?

So i'm saying "I welcome everyone" but i don't necessarily have to spell it out, IYKWIM.

What do you think Ruth?

Hi Ruth, how are you?
Thanks for the advice, I don't know of any cross dressers or transgender peeps, so I guess I'm not sure which language to use :o

Perhaps I could just have my services for men and women (not suggesting who should fit into which bracket) and on my welcome page say that i welcome everybody and then if i place adverts in the Pink Punters nightclub and perhaps some free ads in websites that are targeted for the trans community?

So i'm saying "I welcome everyone" but i don't necessarily have to spell it out, IYKWIM.

What do you think Ruth?

I think the safest bet would be to say that you welcome both male and female clients, and have one set of prices that apply to both. That way, you aren't discriminating either way. Then you could advertise at Pink Punters and on the websites for the trans community :)

I'm really pleased I found this thread. I live pretty much next door to the gay village in Manchester and was thinking the other day about trying to get my name into the community when I am qualified.

I'll be looking into it!

Latest posts

Back